A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

8.01.2009

My Back Hurts

Today, my back hurts. A lot. My hips hurt. Even my knees are achy.

Yesterday we walked Sam's Club, and I've always had issues after walking hard concrete floors like that. Doesn't matter what shoes I wear, it's just always bothered me. Even when I was younger and skinnier.

I lifted my shirt today and was looking at my tummy. It's shrinking. It's still big, but I can really see the difference. As you shrink, the way you stand changes, the way you carry your body changes. I remember the last time I lost weight, I had lots of times where my joints and back just ached. I think it's due to the shift.

I think it's time to see a chiropractor. I only go once every few years, but I think I need to get everything adjusted.

I've been doing a lot of stretching the past week. That really helps to loosen my body up, yet I can't seem to get the spots in my back worked out.

I've really enjoyed walking for cardio this summer, being outside with my doggie, but I think that the videos work more of my body. Speaking of videos, about the strength training thing -- I've decided for now to work the Richard Simmons tapes I have. Why? Because they're paid for. We spent a lot of money the last weekend and during the week, and I don't want to start using that credit card again--even if it is only a $20 video, that stuff adds up. Once I get some fun money, I think I may buy The Firm's strength video to start with--it's one of their older videos. It looked hard but doable--or modifiable, at least. If I start with Richard's, I can build myself up. I don't have the strength I once had, but I will. =) Richard's Sweatin' 2 also has some good toning in it, and I may do that every other day as well.

I am having a slow day, but it's time to get going. Today is a day I'd like to just curl up and read, sleep or whatever. If only I were rich, had a chef, maid, shopper--staff to run the house. lol

9 comments:

  1. My hubby visited a chiropractor a few years ago, and it did help. I used to use some Richard Simmons tapes and they were a lot of fun! It's good to just move isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea to go to the Chiropractor. You don't want to mess around with your back. Do what works for you Jo and I am going to be on the lookout for some DVDs for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Sams yesterday. That place is huge.
    My back was hurting too by the time we left. Those floors are hard on ones knees and back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate walking around at Sams ( costco-same diff. ) I always need to rest after! Hope your back feels better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's interesting about the shifting. I can totally see that. I was aching all over last summer and the summer before, I saw a PT and Chiropractor who straightened me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you are feeling achy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girlfriend, f you want a workout DVD from "The Firm," you can have mine. I bought two at the same time. I never opened the second one b/c the first one kicked my tail! I always meant to return the unopened one, just never did.

    The only workout DVD that has worked for me has been Leslie Sansone's. I read a review somewhere than in comparison to the Shred by Jillian, Leslie was like a juice box and animal crackers. You know what? I agreed. Leslie is comforting, encouraging and motivating. I am dance move challenged so Leslie's basic moves were at my level. I guarantee that her workouts will get you moving and sweating! It is a great alternative right now if it is hot in your area. You can get a 5 mi. workout in the air conditioning!

    Serious about "The Firm" DVD. It's yours if you want it!

    Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine does "The Firm" videos and she loves them. I may look for those myself. I am going to go do my Wii Fit right now! You have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your achiness feels better :/ Good luck with your toning! I neeeed to be so much more consistent with weight training!

    ReplyDelete