A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.14.2009

Blog Awards







Hadley honored me with this lovely blog Gorgeous Blogger Award! Thank you so much!

The Kittehs also honored me with a wonderful award. Again, thank you. I am very honored.

The Kitteh's award comes with no rules--love that! Here are the rules for the Gorgeous Blog Award:

Rules are: say six things about yourself that your readers wouldn't already know, and then pass it along.

Six things. Can I come up with six more things?? I'll try.

1. When I started my blog, I was adamant that I would not read men's blogs because they lose weight a lot faster. Boy, was I proved wrong on that one and thankfully when I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong and move on.

2. While I pour my heart out on my blog about my anxieties and seem like a weak duckling, I'm not in real life. In fact, I'm a pretty tough cookie when I need to be. (Not always, but when needed.) In fact, sometimes I might even be perceived as bitchy. You all should have seen me have a stand down with the chief of staff of the hospital my dad was in. I stood up to that bast- um, jerk and didn't back down. Well, sometimes I'm a weakling, but usually I'm pretty confident.

3. I worked at Wendy's in college when the "Where's the Beef" campaign was on. I got so sick of people coming up to the counter and saying, "Where's the Beef?" like it was sooooo original!

4. I love Amish communities. It's like going back in time, and I imagine my ancestors and how they lived when I see the horses and buggies.

5. I love to walk cemeteries. What genealogist doesn't? They're very beautiful and peaceful places.

6. My first car was a Gremlin.

There, how's that?

Now, to pass the award on to six others. (Actually, I'm passing both awards to these six.) In honor of my answer to number 1, I hereby award it to the men in my life--well, the male bloggers that I read and enjoy.

1. Sean
2. Fools Fitness
3. Fat Daddy
4. Roder
5. Emmett
6. JackSh*t

Will any of these men put up that cute pink award on their blogs??? Just let it be known, I really enjoy the men in my blogging life.

8 comments:

  1. cute...I like the guys blogs. Not sayin that you don't get some straight info off girls blogs, but alot of times i get on guys blogs and get exactly what they are eating and what they aren't what they are doing exercise wise etc. Fun. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on both awards! You totally deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kudos to the awards, girl.
    deserved.

    oooo at all the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the awards!! Loved reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards and I love the new look of your blog! Thinking of changing mine up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boys do add a nice element don't they. Congrats on the award Jo you totally deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cemeteries too!! Especially the really old one where families are all buried together. And Amish country is fascinating!! Congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Foolsfitness is gaining weight... his ego is growing even larger!

    Many thanks for the awards, and to you as well for yours. You deserve awards. What strikes me about you I think I mentioned elsewhere is how you really care in taking time to reply in the comments section. For me those little boosts of support are gold.

    I'll try to get them up on my blog soon. Thanks again!!!

    At Foolsfitness being "given" Awards Rock, but hopefully the rule will be in trying to "earn" a bit of the honor to have and keep them.- Alan

    ReplyDelete