A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

12.09.2009

Bad Moods Make me HUNGRY

I went over my calorie allotment tonight by 200 calories. I'm okay for the week because I zigzag and I'll just swap a high day, but it was stress induced.

I have got to get a handle on the stress eating. No, I'm not eating a bag of cookies, a pan of brownies, chocolate or crap, but still.

Someone hurt my feelings so badly today that I cried. No, I didn't cry, I sobbed. It really crushed my spirit, and my spirit has been rather rocky the last two weeks anyway.

The wind has finally picked up. We don't shovel here until the storm is over when there is wind involved--it's futile to do so. School let out early today and it's already closed for tomorrow. We'll do school anyway just because we've missed a few days due to hubby taking a week off and then DS's surgery. I just hope the electricity stays on so I can do laundry and stay warm.

Life is full of ups and downs. I left a comment on a blog tonight agreeing with the fact that we only know what bloggers tell us. I would really like to open up about what hurt my feelings so badly today, but I won't because it's just too--too public here. The truth is life is messy. I freely blog about anxiety, stress and worries, but I do not blog about people issues, hurts, fights and that kind fo thing. They're normal occurrences, and that's a part of life that sucks.

So another day of no exercise for me today, another pissy attitude day for me. My son gave me the most wonderful shoulder rub for a half hour tonight--he's such a good kid. I was all dressed and ready to do my workout today when I got the phone call where someone was basically a big ass, and I just lost the desire to work out--probably because I was crying so hard. Three days in a row now I've missed. If I get only one thing done tomorrow, it will be a workout!

And life goes on. It's days/weeks like these that make the mundane and good times even better. lol I prefer smooth sailing, myself with fewer ups and downs. We don't always get what we want.

Sending safe vibes to everyone who is in blizzard territory. It's a very wide spread storm. Reminds me of growing up in Wyoming where the wind always blows.

Jo,
the pissy pessimistic party pooper

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that someone hurt your feelings- People can be so cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could sit with a cup of coffe and talk! It's too bad this person felt the need to call and vomit on you!! You have alot of class to not sound off and bad mouth this person till you're blue in the face (or rather till your fingers turn blue & purple from typing so fast and so hard!!LOL). Anyhoo-I sure hope things go a million times better for you today. And your son sure does love his mommie!!

    Pulling for you in the blogworld-Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I'm glad you cried. Because when your feelings get hurt that badly you need to cry! Your blizzard has come to the east coast and my drive in to work was awful. Stay warm and know that your fellow bloggers are rooting for you 1000%!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, sometimes life does suck and you're also right that sometimes all you can do is cry, get it out of your system and try and move on.

    Hugs.

    Hoping today is a much better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo! I'm sorry you've been having a rough time lately. I've been so out of touch lately with my crazy life! It sound like you have every reason to be "the pissy pessimistic party pooper. ;-)

    I love the comment you made about we only know what bloggers tell us. I can't tell you the number of times I've thought the same thing.

    Hang in there! Hope things improve soon!

    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't help but giggle when I read the pissy pessimistic party pooper.

    Hang in there Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwww ((((hugs))) Yes,this is very public, but sometimes something needs to be shared... this is your territory, you can make it what you want!
    And hope today goes better for you, it's true what they say, winter doesn't make for happy Souls! Sending you some warm sunshine, rather than misery, snow and assy folks!
    Now go do that work out, you'll feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh life sucks for all of us sometimes whether we choose to blog about it or not.

    I am so sorry someone felt they needed to take out their sucky life on you! :( Try not to let it get ya down and get back up on your horse today... You are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((Hugs)))) to you Jo! Bad moods make me hungry too!

    ReplyDelete