One of my favorite bloggers, whom I've followed since the beginning of her journey, has made goal. Who doesn't know Fat[Free}Me? I think everyone knows her, as she is such an inspiration and such an amazing supporter. I am so happy for her! Yes, I got teary eyed when I read that magic word on her blog: GOAL.
Way to go!!!
~~~
I just read that Jack LaLane is recovering from heart surgery. He had a valve replacement done. I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was 95! Wow. My husband and I were discussing him, and he never watched the Jack LaLane Show. I watched it when I was a kid, and described his one-piece uniform. I went to YouTube and found a clip for us to watch. I found a great clip, and I'm going to share it here. His message is as valid when he made it as it is today. What an amazing man. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Wow that is a great clip. Sometimes I get into a rut of being a complainer. I always say "I hate my life" and so I hear stories like that it puts me back in my place.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have a Jack Lalanne juicer (which I love) but I ever knew "who" he was. I guess he was famous well before my time. What a great clip though.
BTW, Mr. Lalanne was a hottie in his younger days.
:D
Julia
jewliagoulia.blogspot.com
Love the clip! I saw him recently on an infomercial for a juicer not too long ago - had no idea he was 95!!
ReplyDeleteI remember watching his show when I was a kid...he was from Oakland, which was close to where I grew up and I always thought I would run into him somewhere - he seemed like an "everyman" to me. Hope he has a quick recovery.
ReplyDeleteFat(free)Me's accomplishment is wonderful and inspiring - makes me want to get on the stick with the rest of my weight loss, that's for sure!
Thanks Jo, and I couldn't have done it without your support!
ReplyDeleteBlimey, 95, there is hope for us yet, lol!
Oh, I love Jack L! He and his wife are the cutest on that juicer infomercial. I'd never buy one, but I've watched it a bunch of times when I couldn't sleep at night and it was the only thing on.
ReplyDeleteHope he has a full recovery.
Wow, I hadn't heard that! Wishing him a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteI love Jack LaLane & watched him as a kid. We just saw him in an updated infomercial a year or so ago. He looked amazing for his age. I wish him a quick & complete recovery!
ReplyDeleteWow! I have seen Jack L. on his infomercial, but had no idea he was 95! Oh the memories, I remember watching him dressed in his jumpsuit on our old black and white TV with my mom, trying to do his workouts when I was a kid! I can't see the clip here at work, but can't wait to watch it at home!
ReplyDeletethanks for the comment
ReplyDeletei think the jillian things been working i lost 5 pounds in a week like it said
yea lots of peopel arent blogging this time of year too busy lol
well keep up your good work also
ttyl