A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

12.17.2009

Panties in a Bunch

Literally.

I need new undies. I haven't bought new undies yet. I'm still wearing the same undies I wore at 282.5. Good grief! When I put my pants on, they extend way up and beyond the top of my pants. They bunch up.

Why? Why haven't I bought new undies?

Because I have no idea what size to buy!

Isn't that stupid? If I get too small, I will always shrink into them. So I think I'm going to go a couple sizes down and see. If they're too small, then I'll buy the next biggest size up.

I have worried more about the clothes that show, but it's getting to the point that the undies show through my shirts. lol

Had a great day today. I did Tracie Long's new Step Forward workout today. It was a Christmas present, but I did it anyway. It has a glitch in it where 3 minutes are running the wrong sound track and so I watched intently and then did basic step when I got lost. They're going to send out new DVDs when they get it fixed.

School went well.

The only thing that didn't go so well today was my hunger. I could have eaten the wall paper off the walls, if we had wall paper. At lunch, I decided I needed to change things up and not eat what I normally eat. Big mistake. What I normally eat fills me and keeps me content. An hour after lunch (which was an egg sandwich, carrots and a V8), I had a serving of cottage cheese, carrots and another V8. That didn't satisfy me. Then I had a breakfast cookie, and that did the trick. I think tomorrow I'll go back to my normal lunch.

I hope to hit Wally World tomorrow to finish up my shopping--still need to fill those stockings. I'll pick up some new undies while I'm there. No more droopy butt for me!

12 comments:

  1. Whenever tom drops by I could eat the earth...at least for a week prior, I really have to watch it.
    That is the bad thing about underwear..It isn't like you can go around trying them on.
    Cripes.
    Good luck finding the right size.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally identify with this post!! But buying new smaller undies is a nice reward for yourself. You could start with a few cheapie packs of hanes her way just to see what size you like best. Then you could use that size to pick out some more fun undies. Also, Lane Bryant offers very pricey undies in sizes that match up with pants sizes - so if you wear a size 18 pants, you can get size 18 undies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I totally identify. I'm contemplating my next pairs of panties, and wondering what size to go to. One of the problems I've found is that different brands of plus size panties have different size ranges, so there seems to be no true standard. I've gone from panties with larger sizes to those with smaller, and THINK I can get out of plus size panties all- together next month... but am almost scared to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need to make a trip to Victoria's Secret! I agree though, what size to buy, how do you know? Maybe you should buy them at a place you can buy one at a time versus a pack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buying underwear was really hard for me, too! I used to purchase at Lane Bryant and they were sized like pants were, so size 24 pants meant 24 undies.

    Going to a regular store I had no idea what to purchase and had to ask (dying!). I believe the Hanes brand now has sizing on the packaging so you can look at that and then purchase other brands in that size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to get a few pair of "hanky panky" undies. They are one size fits all, although the size didn't fit all of me!!! I've been waiting to hit 180 to wear them. They are advertised as the world's most comfortable underwear and I have friends and commenters who swear by them. They're a bit pricy,but a couple pair for a Christmas gift to yourself??? Google them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with the posters above. I buy undies from Lane Bryant. Usually they have a deal like buy 6 get 6 free or something similar. It's easier for me to match with my pants size.

    Congrats on getting to the point of new underwear. (That sounds crazy. . . butt (ha) true!)

    Keep working on the hunger/eating balance. You can do it!

    Happy holidays and best to you and your family!

    Julia
    jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if you measure yourself you may be able to find a way online to know what size underwear to get. I'm thinking I did that at some point.

    Definitely DO it! But don't buy TOO many cause you'll be getting too small for these ones too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buy some new undies!! You'll feel so much better!!
    I did the same thing after I lost weight. Once I finally bought new ones, I was like "wow"...I looked so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. buy yourself some sexy undies!!!!

    Your wallpaper comment reminded me of Willy Wonka & the Chocolte Factory :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL...I totally identify with this post! Undies are hard to shop for when you're unsure of the size. I guess you could always take the ones that are too big on you, pull them up under your arm pits and wear them as a leotard. ;-)

    I agree...you should go treat yourself to some sexy new undies. It's a guaranteed way to make you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get new undies!! And that's an order! :D

    ReplyDelete