-catch up on blogs. I tried, but had to quit
-exercise
-clean the house
-do the laundry
-watch tv
-read a book
-buy groceries
I had a bad weekend. Plagued by anxiety, it was a Xanax-popping weekend. Light- headedness, anxiety, feeling as if I wanted to climb out of my skin, nausea extreme. The worst? That pain, the ovary pain. It was high yesterday, high today. It's not constant, but when it hits, it hits hard.
I do have a doctor appointment the beginning of February. I'm flat out going to ask if she'll put me in medically induced menopause. I know they can do it, I was in it for six month when I was 28 while they were monitoring my first fibroid.
This is drastically reducing the quality of my life when it hits. I sure don't want surgery, I'm still kicking myself for not demanding a full hysterectomy instead of the ablation. The ablation, however, was a huge success. My problem was more than that, though, I have had "the pain" for years, and it gets worse as I get older. Thankfully I no longer have the gusher, soak the sheets bleeding and the cramps so bad I'm on the couch two days. So I am very thankful for that.
I have had three gynecological surgeries in my life. I've had problems since I started menstruating when I was 10 years old. I'm tired of this.
The worst part? I've been without exercise for two days. I missed Thursday as well due to the pain. The pain is deep inside, and it is extremely stabbing when it hits. Sometimes it's a dull ache, but usually it makes me double over. I cannot walk straight, let alone work out.
Uncle. I give. Fix it.
Having said all that, life could be so much worse. I feel guilty complaining about a few days a month when some live with much worse conditions. Really, I am thankful that my physical woes are what they are. But by golly if they can do something to help, I really would appreciate it.
Otherwise, I think I need to accept that this is what it is, have no guilt when I cannot work out, and arrange my schedule knowing it's going to happen. So I can change my attitude about it. I would bet $100 they will not put me in a medically induced menopause. So I just need to adjust to it, unless they can offer something to help.
Motrin? Doesn't even touch the pain. In fact, the drugs I got after my surgery this past summer? Mildly numbed the pain, but it was still there. I've used them all up.
So life is behind in every way, and I doubt I'll be catching up on blogs for awhile. I'm sorry. I love following everyone's journeys and feel a deep connection with my blogging friends. I just hope you all understand.
Love, Jo
the basket case lol
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. That sounds really painful. I hope you are not beating yourself up over the loss of a couple of days of exercise. The bigger is is managing the pain. Does your doctor's office keep a waiting list in the event that an appointment opens up due to a cancellation?
ReplyDeleteI hope everything works out for you.
Hi! I just found your blog this past week. I have just begun my weigh loss journey and have found you to be such an inspiration! I went back to the beginning so I could read your whole story. I hope to follow along from this point forward. I'm sorry to hear you are not well, and hope you are feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteYou take care of yourself...we'll always be here when you need us.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon dear.
ReplyDeleteIf the dr. doesn't tell you something that makes you happy, then go somewhere else.
I am so sorry that pain is THE WORST. I really hope that the doctors have an answer for all of this!
ReplyDeleteFeel better, my friend. You have been putting up with this pain for long enough...it's time to get a permanent fix. Hope your doctor can help you with this!
ReplyDeleteDamn girl I am so sorry to hear that :( I don't know how you deal so well day to day. Your strength amazes me.
ReplyDeleteI hope and pray you get this straightened out soon!!
Just take care of yourself! Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteFeel better! And take care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteOf course we understand, but I don't see why the doctors wouldn't just put you in a medically induced menopause irregardless.
ReplyDeleteWhat do they care?
It's not like you want more children.
And your condition is debilitating.
I would get awfully pissy if the doctor's didn't 'fix it' if they could.
So I am saying, Get pissy Jo...I know it isn't your natural state, but do it anyway.
I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Chris
Im so sorry you had a sucky (the technical term) weekend.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.
VENT HERE.
AIR IT ALL OUR WAY.
That's what we are here for. To lift you up when you need a hand.
MizFit
i feel so bad i know how you feel you want to exercise and you cant so it makes you depressed
ReplyDeleteit will be ok take the days off you need so you get better
i hope they can help you soon with your pain
Of course we understand. I'm not clear on exactly what is causing your pain, but it sounds sort of like the PCOS that I deal with every month. The cramps from my monthly cycle feel more like contractions. It comes in waves (the ovary pain), and when it hits, it doubles me over. Exercise is a joke...just breathing is a chore. I don't know if that's what it is, but I understand pain induced by female problems. I hope you feel better very soon...I hope the dr can help. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs, dear Jo - HUGS
ReplyDeleteGo easy! On yourself and your schedule.
You can't be "behind" because there is no schedule or goal.
Just our collective walk together. No worries.
Deep Breath!
We will stand by and wait regardless Jo! You hang in there lady and I hope you find some relief soon.
ReplyDeleteOh Jo! Don't worry about catching up with us at all. Focus on feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you're in so much pain, and I really do hope the doctors will be able to fix it. In the mean time, we'll await your return.
I'm so sorry you've had to endure this and I hope you get well soon!
I hope you are well soon :)
ReplyDelete