The past few days my leg has been really swollen. I didn't injure it, and couldn't figure it out. Meanwhile, it's been really cold, well below zero with the windchill (we're talking -20/-30 range) and so I pulled the space heater out for the kitchen. We homeschool at the kitchen table, our back door is right next to us, and it gets cold letting dogs in and out.
D'oh! Saturday I figured out the swollen leg thing. I have heat-induced edema. That space heater was sitting on the floor, about three feet from my feet. Removed the space heater, drank a gazillion gallons of water, did some health bouncing on the rebounder, and I'm almost back to normal. It was the space heater doing it to me!
Fortunately, our temps are in the high 20s this week, so we won't be needing it.
~~~
This morning as we were doing school at the table, I got up and used the restroom. When I returned to the kitchen, my son was sitting at the table doing his work but every cupboard in the kitchen was wide open. We watched The Sixth Sense not too long ago, and he thought that would be a hilarious prank to pull on me. I do admit, it was funny! It was startling to walk into the room and see that. I love his sense of humor.
~~~
That's about it. Not much new here. I've worked out already this morning, life's just sailing along. Sometimes I'm really chatty here, and sometimes I can't think of anything to say. Right now I just don't have anything much to share.
Hope everyone has a great week.
LOL at your kid, good one, I like his sense of humor too! And take care of your leg. Isn't it funny too when we look forward to 20/30 degree weather LOL Here it's been -20/-30 in windchill too and tomorrow it might be around 40! Time to go swimsuit shopping LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking in and DS is a riot!!
ReplyDeleteim glad your legs are all better
ReplyDeleteyour kid is hilarious
sounds like you are doing really good
im proud of you for jumping on the rebounder even though your legs were so swollen
good job
keep up the good work
I have never heard of heat induced edema, but I'm glad you got it all figured out.
ReplyDeleteBTW, that was a really interesting comment that you left on my blog regarding stretching and how it helped with your hip pain. It really is amazing what a little flexibility training can do to manage pain.
Love your sons sense of humor!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing awesome with your working out!!
You are doing so great. Glad the swollen legs are doing better. The cold sounds just too cold! BRRR.
ReplyDeleteThat son of yours is a character. Good for him!
Eeep on the swollen legs! Not fun! Damn space heater!
ReplyDeletelol @ the cupboards!
I loved you're "can't think of anything to say" post. That really is funny (what your son did)! Glad to know your leg is better.
ReplyDeletePMG I had no idea that heat could do that??!!! Good to know.
ReplyDeleteYour kid...the cupboards......Love it! :D
Those temps freak me out!!! I could NOT handle that!
ReplyDeleteGlad your leg is better :) Hope you are having a great week!
Glad you posted even if you didn't have much to say...I was starting to get worried about you!
ReplyDeleteAnd isn't it so sad that we're all looking forward to temps in the 20's/30's? It's a heat wave!!
Your son has a great sense of humour! That made me giggle out loud!
ReplyDeleteOMgosh your son is hilarious! I am impressed by his sense of humor :)
ReplyDeleteAlso thank you for the shoe lace trick! I tried it out on my wide feet and it worked like a charm!
Your kid is funny. LOL!
ReplyDeleteThat was funny.
ReplyDeleteSounds like something my Kate would do.
like tonight.
My husband and my daughter were trading insults in other languages.
Our family is a little whack.
Love what your son did! So funny! Sounds like you two have a really good relationship. :)
ReplyDeleteYour son is so funny! Glad you solved the swollen leg mystery too.
ReplyDeleteGlad you figured out what it was! We school in the dining room ... the coldest room in the house (of course) but it has a fireplace so I've been building a fire every day so we stay warm. We're going through wood like crazy!
ReplyDeleteLove the joke he pulled! ;)
You won my Progresso Soup giveaway Jo! Just email me at jasper_katie@yahoo.com with your address and I will send it out to you! Congrats!
ReplyDelete