Dear Diary,
Today was better, but not by much. I actually took two naps. My mind was racing with thoughts. I was in a mood. Hubby cooked dinner, thankfully. I did get some cleaning done, but when it was time to work out--I said forget it.
At 9 tonight I knew I would regret not working out. So I dressed up and decided time didn't matter. My son actually joined me, which meant we had to do Power 90 Sculpt 1-2 again. That's all he'll do.
I started feeling a little better. When we finished the half-hour workout, he had his protein shake and I put in The Firm's Not So Tough Aerobics and put in another 40 minutes.
I felt like a NEW person. Can't believe what a magic pill exercise is. Showered because I was a sweaty mess. Had a small protein snack.
And here I am, wide awake due to two naps and working out late.
Diary, I have been a Firm Believer and haven't been doing many Firms as of late. I love Cathe, I love working out with my son which means Power 90, but the Firms are always first in my heart. I think that I need to do more Firms because they bring me joy--and results.
Diary, I have also come to the conclusion that LIFE isn't always a bed of roses. We aren't supposed to be happy and cheerful all the time. There is a whole range of feelings and emotions, and we aren't really living unless we feel it all. So right now I'm feeling a lot of fear, some sadness, some anger. I'm thankful that I am not stuffing my feelings and can actually feel now.
I also had some joy today. Today I was thankful for:
1. My son, who worked out with me.
2. Sitting outside after dinner, enjoying the birds singing, and the fresh spring air--and the fact the neighbor's poodle wasn't out yapping his head off like normal. lol
3. My bed and my bedroom. It is my favorite room of all time. It's comforting to retreat there when I need to.
4. A comment my husband made. When I was done working out in my size Large Nike t-shirt, he said, "That's going to be way too big on you soon."
5. My old Nike/Reebok/Adidis t-shirts that are size 2XL. Couldn't throw them out because they were favorites--and now they are big and long enough to be nightgowns. They're comfy!
6. Another comment by hubby, "You're starting to get loose skin again." And that means I'm losing fat and it takes a bit of time for the skin to catch up. (True to my history, it isn't showing up on the scale, but it is on my body.)
7. I'm thankful for my new clothes. I feel so much better when I go out and about.
8. Out of coffee and filters, I ran to the store and bought filters and decided to try Duncan Donuts coffee. A splurge as it's expensive, but it is yummy. Decaf, of course. What a joy to have some delicious coffee.
9. My new bob haircut. It's a long bob, but it just feels good.
Counting my blessings because I have many. Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me.
YEAH Jo. Great on the exercise..It always picks me up and moves me forward...makes me feel great. Being grateful is a good way to conquer the fear. I dress up for any occasion anymore. LIfe is an occasion. So, use the good china.
ReplyDeleteI knew you'd turn this around.
ReplyDeleteExercise is what holds all the pieces together, I've found. Without it, I tend to lose focus, overeat, sleep poorly and just generally get stressed out.
ReplyDeleteBTW, you shouldn't leave your diary out... anybody could read it.
Excellent post! I've been in a funk myself for several days. It's always good to be reminded of the blessings we ALL have! Have a glorious day!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of exercise... I need to get moving. It's a gorgeous day and I need to be walking!
You really are my inspiration! I love reading your progress. Glad you felt better!
ReplyDeleteHey girly!! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of you...
ReplyDeleteHey; just found your blog through Seth's. Just letting you know that I've added you to my BlogReader and I'll be back. Keep up the good work! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're doing fantastic my friend. Love the "Dear Diary," and better---love the epiphanies you're experiencing.
ReplyDeletelove this post, especially the gratitude part of it. Good job still getting your workout in. K.
ReplyDeletemy blog: www.it-is-time.com
Hi, I just love your blog. I just started my weightloss blog and i am finding so many inspiring ones out their. I have just become a follower and will enjoy following your journey.
ReplyDeleteWillow
Exercise and counting blessings - a perfect cure it seems! Glad you were able to do both.
ReplyDelete