A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

4.12.2010

Monday Night Update

I am feeling a lot better. Back to normal, I'd say. We had a slow start this morning, but the day progressed--no naps, just laundry, school, working out, cooking supper, paying bills--normal life. Wasn't blue or down or sad. Whew.

My feelings were hurt terribly--but that's life, those things happen. Water under the bridge now, lessons learned, and time to move forward.

I was looking at my goal chart today, and realized I am now in Class One Obesity. Not bad at all, considering I started out with a BMI of 47 and morbidly obese. Now it's 34.5. Almost 30 pounds to being overweight instead of obese. (Not that I give much credit to the BMI as it is skewed, but still...)

I realized today that though I whine that the weight is coming off slowly, it's probably a very good thing. It's hard to get my mind around a changing body. I still hold up my new clothes and think they're going to be way too small. I still see distorted proportions on my body. At the rate it's going, it's not nearly as overwhelming to me--less scary.

Would like to give a heart-felt thanks for all the kind and supportive comments. They are appreciated more than you all would know.

I can and I will. I repeat that over and over and over. I believe it, too!

12 comments:

  1. yeah for just being obese...I remember going from morbidly obese to severely obese....It sounded much better...from gross to being scolded almost..Then from obese to overweight.
    I love being merely pudgy, and you will too...
    slow is better..it means you are making it a lifestyle, not a diet.
    You can and you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you will make it too! You have inspired me to get back on track this week. I've been fooling around for several weeks going back and forth and then up, up and up. I weigh in tomorrow so I'll see how I did but I think I'll finally have a loss.

    Where did you find the chart for how much you have to weigh to be over weight or obese? I would like to see where I am and where I need to be.

    Thanks
    Hugs
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. this all makes me wonder:
    what will the motto of 2011 be???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had some serious couple of days! I am glad you keep posting and keep feeling. It just shows how strong of a person you are.

    1st Fat-Rat Guest Post today!
    http://losingethel.blogspot.com/2010/04/guest-post-what-to-look-for-in-fitness.html

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  5. The body image issue---it is a strange dynamic, I believe it'll just take time to adjust...and the slower loss rate helps us make the mental adjustments along the way...Still---I think it'll take time to get adjusted to this normal size body---maybe a couple of years??

    I'm glad you're feeling better!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling better and sorry about your hurt feelings. Slow and steady is your friend! You are such an inspiration. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! sounded like a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im glad you are feeling better!
    Its been many years and I still think my clothes look too small and pick up the L or XL in stores first. Old habits die hard...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're doing a wonderful job. I hope you feel proud of the accomplishments you've achieved.

    Hope for many good things to keep coming your way.

    Liz N (aka Stepprincess on Yas)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slow is good. I keep telling myself that, too. It's hard, though, when you want tangible proof that your hard work is paying off.

    Love your blog, girl. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it's a good thing. That means, that hopefully, it will stay off for good :-) Keep pressing on through those "lull moments" of weight loss. You are DOING GREAT!

    My last blog post:

    http://choose2livechoosehealth.blogspot.com/2010/04/vulnerability-in-losing-layers.html

    ReplyDelete