I guess I haven't blogged in awhile. Hmm. I'm usually vey loquatious.
Got a letter in the mail today from my insurance. I was approved for the genetic testing. (I think it's around $3,000.) The letter was dated May 3, so I'm wondering if they're just holding the blood to test until they receive word. If they are, they take two weeks...which means they'll probably start Monday and then it will be the end of the month.....
The uncertainty is driving me crazy. I will say it freaked me out reading that I was approved for this testing. I already knew my odds were high enough to be tested, but seeing it in print was weird. Still, the odds of having this mutated gene are not high. So yes, I have risk factors, but...crossing my fingers. Either way, my odds of breast and ovarian cancer just went up quite a bit, even without the genes.
On the weight front, the darned scale is not budging. Well, it goes up and down. Here we go again...hubby and I are noticing changes in my body. I have bones emerging that we haven't seen in years. lol But...that darned scale isn't showing it. Just tease me, so close to onederland. I know my body is changing and that's what counts.
I've decided to ramp up the exercise, pain or no. I was given the okay to work out, and I am learning to modify when I'm hurting. It's been a pretty painful week, but I've found my groove again. I think. Exercising is like taking an instant depression pill. Not that I'm depressed, just anxiously waiting for action, but it just lifts my spirits so much. So I'm planning on doubles.
Have started Cathe's STS again. I'm really enjoying it. It's very similar to P90X but it's Cathe, and, well, I just like it a lot more.
That's about it. It's been darned cold here, we're in a freeze alert, was supposed to snow last night and I don't know if it did or not, but it did frost. The heater has been running all week. What happened to spring?
Think I'll go back into my tunnel-vision, self-centered zone now. That's what happens to me when I get overwhelmed. ;-)
ah, I have my fingers crossed as well. Big hugs, and here's to good luck.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing fab with the exercise considering how much pain you are in. I hope this coming weeks workouts help with any anxiety.
thinking of you..glad to read you're still here. keeping fingers and toes crossed for test results. Hope all is well...Great job on your workouts.
ReplyDeleteHugs! Hope you hear some results soon. I've been thinking of you. =) I am so excited about the changes you guys are seeing. How exciting for you!
ReplyDelete