It has been a rough week. Tonight I received a phone call that made the hair on my neck stand up. Stress, stress, stress.
My battle continues on...a battle for quality health care (not mine). All my arguments were validated with the information put out by the foundation of the particular condition. Sometimes when you make waves, people react in a way that they're trying to make you think you're crazy. Yes, yesterday I had a pharmacist laugh in my face and tell me I didn't know what I was talking about. Hubby was standing behind me and voiced his opinion, the guy got mad, and then my momma bear came out--YOU were offensive to ME, YOU laughed in MY face...man, was I mad.
The bottom line is I was absolutely 100% correct--and I now have proof. Gee, little old me with no medical degree or pharmaceutical education knew something the doctor and pharmacist didn't. They don't like that. One must absolutely be unfearful and unrelenting when it comes to health care--even if it means getting laughed at in public and fought with. I don't care--I do care for my family and for the rights of all people with this condition.
I feel an activist brewing in me...but I don't have energy for that right now. In the future, I just may make big waves.
Today: Food great. I am going a little crazy for my carrot salads. lol I have one serving of shredded carrots, one serving of FF cottage cheese and about 3 grams of sunflower seeds, which is all roughly 140 or so calories, and it's just a little bit of heaven to me. Sometimes food tastes so good, and I'm really enjoying this concoction. I have it a couple times a day as a snack. It's very filling, too. I'll get tired of it soon, but right now I'm loving it!
Hubby grilled chicken again. I'm finally developing a love for chicken--as long as he grills it. lol Maybe it's because he prepares it, or maybe I'm just getting used to it, but I think I could eat it that way a few times a week. I would never have said that a month or two ago.
Attitude greatly improved after finding the statistics and information I needed (validation), general mood deflated for about a half hour after the phone call, but then I decided I was not going to let a crazy person get to me, that I had more important things to deal with and the anxious feelings I was having just disappeared. I wish it was always that easy to make that anxiety go away. No Xanax tonight, bravo.
Need to remind myself this weekend to not take any Motrin or fish oil until surgery. The ibuprofen I get, but I still don't understand why they want me to stop taking fish oil. I haven't researched it, but life is just not complete if I don't have one fish burp a day. lol Actually since a week before the last surgery was scheduled, I reduced my fish oil consumption. My GP wanted me on 3 fish oil a day, and since that time I've only taken one a day.
That's today in a nutshell. The good, the bad and the indifferent.
OH--before I stop, I will say this. I started out moody this morning. Then I decided to fake it until I make it. I smiled. I kept smiling at stupid things. I smiled when I thought about smiling. I kept smiling. Before I knew it, I was smiling a lot--just because I was feeling happier. Never underestimate the power of a smile--because the fake was short-lived, it quickly turned into real. I thought that was pretty powerful.
Great job on the faking it till you make it! I do that same thing often and it works for so many facets of life! I just found your blog and look forward to following it.
ReplyDeleteGood job.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about doctors. My youngest has terrible reactions to shots. So I started researching shots and found out about the mercury they stick in multi dose vials. I asked about that..they said 'Yes'. I said, well it's more than they allow in drinking water. The lady looked me dead in the eye and said "Well, but it isn't long term exposure." I said 'Doesn't it take two to three years and over 27 shots to get it all done.
She said yes...I said 'I would term that long term exposure'.
she had nothing to say.
sometimes you have to go with your knowledge and your gut.
keep fighting.
"Fake it until I make it" -- That is such a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteI try to look up in the sky when I'm down, they say you can"t feel blue if you keep your chin held high :D
I can hear that smile in your post, Jo! Wonderful job today. :)
ReplyDeleteI am a "cool nurse" - if someone says "no" that means "NO!"
ReplyDeleteSo I listen to them and save myself the time and trouble of doing it over.
Just do it right in the first place.
Glad you could fake it till you make it, Jo.
Are our emotional responses just habits?
With out a real basis? Stubborn habits?
Hmmmm. Could be, sometimes.
Glad to hear that you are doing better! The fish oil burps are the WORST! Have a wonderful weekend :)
ReplyDeleteI was just talking to my Dr. about fishoil. She said it can have an effect on your menstral cycle and blood. She says it thins the blood.
ReplyDeleteGreat job momma bear, and the no anxiety pills.
YAHOO..
Hope you have a great weekend.
Oh and as far as the chicken..I'm using it in more of my foods, (shredded enchiladas, dill mustard chicken, bbq, grilled, terriyaki, sweet and sour)
:) You bring a smile to my face Miss Jo!
ReplyDeleteok I have carrots and sunflower seeds on my shopping list. I have been wanting to try it since you first mentioned in on FB. Sounds sooo good. I absolutely love it when I find something so yummy and also HEALTHY! This sounds protein packed and goood....I will be anticipating the announcement of those big waves :)
ReplyDelete