A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.29.2010

Hopefully Not Quackery

I just ordered:

Dr. Lee's PreMenopause book
progesterone cream
an expensive hormone saliva test

Is it quackery? I don't know. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I know my hormones are crazy--I don't need a test to tell me that. I know I'm estrogen dominant--I've had doctors tell me that. I have evidence of the ovarian cysts. I've had fibroids since I was 28. I have other symptoms, but it's very safe to say I'm estrogen dominant.

I've read Dr. Lee's book a few years back. I'm going to give this a go for a few months and see if it helps.

Last night was awful, I woke up all night long in pain. Today I've spent most the day in bed. The ovarian pain, cramp-like pain, and pain shooting down my legs. This is not living. I wrote a quote from Jack LaLanne awhile back that struck me: "I don't care how old I live to be, but I want to be living while I'm living." Me too.

I don't know why everything has to be such a fight, but fight on. I've stuck with this since February of '09 and I'm not about to quit now. Fight on.

5 comments:

  1. good luck! I hope its not quackery. Susan Summers (of all people) books are highly recomended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO feel for you, and sympathize with your pain. My Dr. put me on a series of hormone shots last year called Lupron and it threw me into menopause for 6 months while attempting to clear up the endo. I was a lunatic (just ask my husband) but the pain did subside. It's hard enough trying to take care of the outside without our insides fighting us tooth and nail. Thinking of you and hoping tomorrow is a better day, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jack and I hope it works. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I know those pains you speak of too well and I feel for you! I hope you find something that works.

    ReplyDelete