It's celebration time here. I started my blog February 19, 2009. I've gained much through my journey: the friendships and support, better health, lost a few pounds along the way, a diagnosis for my mystery pain finally, and a love of fitness. There have been ups and downs on this journey, but my blog has been the perfect outlet for me.
So to celebrate, I wanted to share my passion: fitness. What to give away? I love my Benson-era Firms, I love Jari Love, and I love Cathe. They're my favorites, although there are many other instructors I love as well.
Since I've given away Firm videos in the past, I decided to give away a gift certificate to Cathe's store. I will never forget the night I sat down at Collage Video's website on the lookout for strength training videos that weren't manly, that were appealing, and would help me on my fitness journey. What I bought were Firm videos. What I was captivated by were the Cathe workouts. I knew I was a beginner and not ready for Cathe. I'm not saying my Firm videos were easy--they weren't. Cathe is different, though. I watched several of Cathe's and knew that I would buy some one day.
And I did. I now own many of her workouts. I'm even good at some of them! lol She is polished, she is highly professional, and she is safe. She has excellent form and is a top-notch instructor. She's Cathe, after all. Her workouts are tough--most are an advanced level, but they're good. They're even fun.
Her step workouts are very enjoyable. I started out with Basic Step, which is her beginner step video. I felt so accomplished when I got that down. Then I moved on. I'm still working on some of her tougher stuff, but it is such a thrill to get through her workouts, to finally perfect a move, and to be dripping in sweat when finished. It's also a great rush to do her weight workouts and be able to up my weights, to feel my muscles working and getting toasty.
Anyway, I want to share the Cathe love with a $35 gift certificate. She runs great sales, and if you sign up for her newsletter, you may be able to find terrific deals.
Here are my give away rules:
First of all, I am not responsible for any injuries sustained when you use your winning DVD. Just had to get that out of the way.
1) Comment here to enter.
2) One entry per person.
3) Leave your email address in your comment so I can contact you.
4) Tell me why you want to win--just curious!
Entries will be taken until February 19 at 12:00 central time.
I will write out all entries and put them in one of my pretty vintage bowls then draw a winner.
I will announce the winner sometime in the evening of February 19, which is my blog anniversary. I will also email the winner.
Winner has until Monday, February 21st, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. central time to respond to me. If I do not hear from the winner, I will draw again.
I think that's all I need!
Happy working out! Work work, as Cathe would say.
Wow I am the first to comment. I really enjoy reading your blog and I am happy that you finally found out what was causing your pain. I would love to win these videos because I am having a hard time in continuing to go to the gym. Working out at home is more convient. Thanks for the give away.
ReplyDeleteMy email is bridges. wed@gmail.com
Happy blogiversary, Jo!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog every day, and really enjoy it! I'd love to win this gift certificate because I'm moving to western Alaska and it's so cold there, I won't be able to go outside for exercise. :(
ReplyDeleteThanks and Happy Blogiversary!
Laura
ljrm18@gmail.com
Hi! I read your blog everyday and you have been so motivating. I have been slowly but surely following my own weight loss journey and I've been interested in trying some of the Firm videos after hearing about how much you love them.
ReplyDeletehgalarneau-at-hotmail-dot-com
Happy Blogiversary! It's such a great thing. I am just starting my weight loss journey and I need to MOVE more. I need more ideas of how to get my body to start working for me instead of against me. I would love to try out Cathe!!!
ReplyDeletet2@numail.org
Happy blogiversary!
ReplyDeleteI hope I win!
jeninquincy at gmail.com
Happy Blogiversary! I would love to win Cathe videos. She is the bomb! She kicks booty and takes names:-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogiversary Jo! Can you believe its been 2 years! What a whirlwind huh?
ReplyDeleteI like the Travel Low Impact DVD - all you need to do is have an elastic band (evil rubber) and you can get your workout in regardless of where you are.
I see big things happening for us this year Jo!
Hi, Jo! I have just stumbled across your blog, and I will be a visitor daily, now. I would love to win the gift certificate as it will help me in my journey to drop 75. Come by my site, anytime, and visit.
ReplyDeletehttp://winningthecarbwar.blogspot.com/
Keep doing great things!
~Tiffany
winningthecarbwar@yahoo.com