A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.05.2011

2 Forward 1 Back

That old saying, two steps forward, one step back hit me today. The depression has been better. I've been much more active and feeling better emotionally until today.

Today I got punched below the belt (not literally!) My feelings were hurt. Not pretty. My mind just went into the "I must really suck" mode. The funny thing about that, when that thought crossed my mind? My immediate response to myself was b*lls*hit, I do NOT suck. A week ago I wouldn't have thought that way.

So...I came home, crawled into bed, turned on NCIS--it's my drug of choice. Watched an episode, cried a little, then fell asleep.

Tonight I'm better. I did not get a workout in today. I just didn't have it in me. If it weren't so late, I'd do one now because I'm feeling better. NCIS always makes things better for me. lol Such a graphic show, murder and mayhem, yet I am addicted and love it.

This is real life. Sh*t happens. Feelings get hurt. It can't be avoided, it's human nature. The key is to not let our own mind go south. I did that today, but before I got too bad off, I was able to tap into my stubborn self and pull myself out. Every day can't be sunshine and roses--life would be rather dull, wouldn't it? Doesn't make it enjoyable to have one's feelings hurt, though.

Counting my blessings, of which I have many. Maybe it's two steps forward, a half step back, because I think I've bounced back pretty well. Just a little sulking goes a long way.

Tomorrow is a brand new day with much promise. I hope to get in a good workout, get some things done around the house, and be thankful it should be above 30 degrees! It's been bitter cold again which does not help my mood one bit.

Calories today? Great, on target. Actually a few hundred lower than my normal target because of no workout. Unless something strange happens tomorrow, the scale will be kind to me Monday morning.

I think my body is finally getting acclimated to all this water. Sheesh, do I drink a lot. Makes leaving the house a royal pain because I'm always looking for a bathroom. But, that's the price to pay to avoid another kidney stone. Well, there is another kidney stone in there, which is one reason I'm blue, but hopefully it won't grow and will pass without surgical intervention when it decides to move.

Oh, life--isn't it grand. It throws many things at us, good, bad, ugly, mean--and beautiful, sunshine, happy, kind.

Tomorrow only steps forward. No back movement!

5 comments:

  1. Go Jo. It is that way, isn't it..it's always the weird stuff that throws us. The crap you don't see coming. Glad you have bounced back. Have a good day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depression can get the best of you. Writing to keep your true feelings honest is a great tool. I have been there, where you just can't dig yourself out and feel raw emotion without beginning or end. I can see by the end of this post, that you recentered yourself, and focused on what is important.

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm struggling today, myself, and I don't want to be in that place. I'm glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NCIS will make any woman feel better! I know I can't live without my Gibbs fix! ;) Keep up the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete