Here it is, Sunday afternoon, and what a difference a day makes.
Woke up feeling chipper. Drank my first glass of water then rewarded myself with a cup of Starbucks decaf. When I had to give up some of my beloved foods for this kidney stone diet, I told my husband I wanted something really special in return. I love Starbucks coffee. Our Starbucks was here for a year and then closed several years ago now. I miss it. However, every once in awhile I buy a bag of Starbucks at the store.
Well, my something special turned into a tiny Mr. Coffee coffee pot and a constant supply of Starbucks decaf coffee. Hubby still uses our Bunn (best coffee maker ever!) with his Folgers, but I get a tasty delight every morning with my itty, bitty coffee pot and my beloved Starbucks.
This has not changed our budget at all, because I used to eat almonds daily and the coffee and almond price zero out. Win, win.
So my morning ritual is wake up, run down the hall, ;-), weigh myself, drink my first eight ounces of water while I'm making my yummy coffee. After a cup or two, then I'm awake and ready to start the day.
The scale was good to me again today, so Monday morning my official weigh-in day will make me very happy. I've been working so hard to get this weight off that I gained right before and right after surgery. I'm done being mad about it, now I just want to get back to where I was...and beyond.
Tomorrow I start my 90-day rotation with my beloved FIRMS. While I'm good at exercising (although not so good at logging it here!) I am not good at rotations. So this is very important to me that I follow through and make this goal. Determination and self-discipline will get me through.
Today I've been getting tons of steps! Cleaning house, doing laundry, etc. Busy, busy, busy. I'm also bagging up donations for the Epilepsy Foundation pick up tomorrow. It's our charity of choice, as my son has epilepsy. If you're a thrifter, please shop at Savers Thrift Stores--they're Epilepsy Foundation stores.
I am going to take a nap this afternoon! Imagine that--I'm not ashamed to admit it, either. After that, I'm going to get in a good workout. Then we'll make up teeny, tiny hamburger patties and grill. I used to eat 4 or 5-ounce 93% hamburgers. Now I can only have 3 ounces of meat at a time. It's funny, but one or two ounces makes a huge difference! It is what it is and I'm getting used to it.
Onward, I have laundry to fold, swap, put away, and a nap to take.
So glad to hear you feeling better!
ReplyDelete(((Jo)))
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you. Love the new goal and plans you've set for yourself. You are amazing!
great job. I drink starbucks as well...espresso roast. I also do the lean 93 percent burger..too tasty.
ReplyDeletesound like you had a great day!
Hey, happy to have found your blog. What an inspiration!!! You are doing great. Wow.
ReplyDeleteMondays are generally my weigh-in day, too. It seems like a decent way to start off the week, motivating myself. Have a great day. :)
I saw your post on Yaya's great job on the weight loss. Its a hard journey isn't it. We have to have those special treats to keep us going. I'll be watching your results with the new rotation. Never owned any Firm dvds, so I'm excited to see your results.
ReplyDeleteYour FB post cracked me up. You must be feeling better. Good for you. You're doing so great.
ReplyDeleteI have an award for you on my blog .
ReplyDeleteHi, I just found your blog via a link on someone's else blog.
ReplyDeleteIt looks interesting so I'm adding it to the list of blogs I read.