A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.09.2011

Wednedsay =D

It was a good day.

Woke to lots of snow, watched the snow plow deliver a huge deposit of heavy, wet snow to the end of our driveway and sighed. Hubby had to park on the street at lunch.

Got a good workout in, The FIRM Volume 4. I will finish this rotation! I had planned on doing Jenny Ford's Hi-Lo workout in lieu of walking, but that didn't pan out. Instead, right about the time hubby was due home from work, I put on my heart rate monitor, grabbed the shovel and went to work. I figured he must really dread coming home knowing he has to clear the end of the driveway, so I cleared it for him. My son came out and helped. He was very surprised and happy to drive right in and park! It was well worth it. Sometimes the greatest gifts we can give are little and unexpected, but mean so much. Great calorie burn, too. ;-) However, that wore me out. That's tough stuff, shoveling spring snow. Any snow.

So I putzed around after dinner and didn't do another workout. That's okay, even though I won't hit 20,000 steps today. I know when my body has had enough, and I'm smart enough to listen!

Tomorrow we hit the big city for an appointment for DS. While there, we'll do bit of shopping that our small town doesn't offer. I would love to get a new swimsuit, but I won't torture my poor teen-aged son with waiting around for that. No matter what weight I've been, I have always owned a suit and used it. I love the water, love to swim, and while I might have been a bit uncomfortable, I never let it stop me. I still won't. My suit now is too large and I don't want any bits falling out!

We're going to lunch. Our monthly trip to The Olive Garden, my favorite restaurant. When we go, I always get a salad with the dressing on the side. I hardly use any dressing! It is so flavorful that a little goes a long way. I'll have two bread sticks which is about 300 calories and my meal. It will be a higher calorie day, so I'll have a very light dinner to make up for it. I should come pretty close to my calorie target as I'm very careful.

Oh, and you can bet I'll be stopping at Starbucks on our way out of town for a large decaf! Yum.

Will be home later in the day and have a late workout. Tomorrow is The FIRM's Tough Tape, my favorite strength tape from The FIRM. I could do this without the DVD because I've done it so many times. I will also try to do Jenny's Hi-Lo tomorrow to get my steps up and get some cardio.

I ran into a friend yesterday and we chatted a bit. She said to me, "You feel better." I said I've felt fine physically for awhile now. She said that wasn't what she meant. I last saw her a week ago and she said I have changed and I'm back to my old self. She's right. I was getting better, had a rough weekend, but this week has been back to normal. It was so quiet it snuck up on me and I didn't even realize it. Good. No, GREAT!

I looked at our weather forecast for the next 10 days and there are five days where we're expecting 40-degree weather! Heaven!!! That will be such a relief to get rid of the nasty cold. Spring is on the way.

That's about it--nothing earth shattering, but life is full of sunshine again--even though it's overcast here. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment