A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.04.2011

I'm Still Kickin'

I haven't been posting here...not much to say, I guess.

Depression is still mild--which is a good thing, that's far better than where I've been the past months. The music lifts my spirits so much, and on days I forget to plug that iPod into a dock, I drag and wilt. When I have my music going, I'm better.

My sleep is getting better! I'm actually sleeping! I'm up to an average of 5 hours a night, which is great. I haven't taken a sleep aid for awhile. To me, this is a sure sign the depression is heading out.

Food plan--still working on it. 15% protein, 45% carbs and 40% fat is the plan. (For anyone new to my blog, the low protein is due to kidney issues, not my choice.) I am still maintaining right now. The tricky part is to find enough food to eat where I feel full. Bumping my fat intake up so much means a lot of calories for olive oil--basically my fat of choice. I'm finding it very difficult to get enough volume of food while keeping calories low and eating what I'm allowed to eat. It's a work in progress.

I've been working hard on getting my step count back to 20,000--most days I've hit it or close. Today I won't but it's close. I'm doing this because I want to start doing doubles again: One workout in the morning, one in the evening. I'm not quite ready/conditioned but very, very close.

I'm down to about one or two pops a week now. I used to drink a lot of diet pop. It's all about the water now, especially with lots of lemon juice and ice! I'm hoping to change my body's pH and get more alkaline. I still drink about a cup and a half of decaf coffee a day, but that's it. I'm NOT giving that up. Still indulging in the Starbucks brand and loving every last drop of it.

That's it. Things are moving along, I'm much more hopeful now, spring is here, we have some sunshine sometimes, and it's time for rebirth and renewal. I'm ready to get rolling again. Just have to figure out the food thing, which has been such a struggle since January.

It's time to work on a really get tough-get serious exercise rotation.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us "posted". You are sounding more hopeful and seem to be adjusting to the new dietary requirements. When you first wrote about those changes, I was amazed that so many healthy things were taken from you. Stay positive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better and sleeping better that is a good sign. Hope you can get the food plan figured out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post sounds promising!!!!!! Bring on the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with your steps Jo! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete