A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.23.2011

Slacking...

I've been doing too much slacking in certain areas lately.

1) Haven't been updating the blog. When you've blogged for over two years, though, you run out of things to blog about. I think up great posts as I'm drifting off to sleep, but in the morning I realize there was nothing great about them because they were just sleep thoughts.

2) Haven't been reading blogs on a regular basis. There's a simple reason for that. I really get bothered when I see recipes with foods I can't have. I'm getting over that, I'm so much better, and I can even crack jokes about almonds now, so that may change soon.

3) Haven't been updating my pretty exercise calendar. My exercise has been weird, I've been doing mostly walking lately. I've been averaging around 18,000 steps daily, give or take. I've been slacking in the weights department--big no no!

So, I will try to update the blog on a more regular basis.

I will try to read blogs on a more regular basis.

I will update my exercise calendar and kick it up a notch with the workouts. In fact, I found some new-to-me friends, fellow Firm lovers, and we're all going to do The Firm's 90 Day Rotation together starting today. This rotation I have attempted many times, but other instructors call my name and I stray by week three. Hopefully this time I'm going to do it! I've always wanted to accomplish that.

I'm feel a LOT better. I had a really good week last week. My spirits are up, my energy is up, and I'm finding my new normal now. I think I just had to go through that rough patch to appreciate everything more so.

6 comments:

  1. I guess sometimes we have to go through the bad to truly appreciate the good. You've inspired me to break out my old Firm videos for the days I can't make it to the gym. Let the good times roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that matters is that you are back blogging! You are making a plan and doing it. Good for you!
    Keep up the awesome work!
    Looking forward to hearing about your Firm exercise workout.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Always,
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 20K steps is slacking? LOL :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a common theme right now in blog world. We all need a good re-charge as we hit summer. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie! No, that wasn't slacking, that was picking up the slack. Before I had my last surgery, I averaged over 20,000 steps a day. I'm trying to get back to that. I bust my butt and still have slow weight loss--but it's fun and it makes me feel better.

    Thanks to everyone else. Now I just need to think of things to blog about!

    ReplyDelete