My puppy is 2 1/2 years old. Wednesday he had a grand mal seizure. We were startled and the rest of the day watched him like a hawk. We didn't even work out that night. The next day I called the vet and they said there really isn't anything they can do at the moment, but to document it to see if he has more seizures and watch him closely. Was also told (because I asked) not to take him on hour-long walks. Not long after I talked to the vet tech, my poor Pip had a second grand mal seizure. We did not call back, but if he has one more, we will.
It was the saddest thing when he came to. He looked at us as if to say, "What happened?" He was dazed and confused and wobbly the first time, and just dazed and confused the second time.
It really messed our days up because we were worried about him and hovered a bit. Today hubby even took the afternoon off just to be home.
Tonight I took a walk and desperately missed my walking partner. My son went with me, which I loved, but I felt guilty going without my baby.
My poor Pip. I love him so much and he loves me--all of us even more.
Anyway, yesterday our new kettlebell system arrived. Hubby and I are doing it together. I watched the instructional DVD last night and today again and then we did a workout. I did sub dumbbells for the snatch because I am not even close to having that down. It was a really good workout.
Highly recommend this package because the instruction is superb. The instructor, Michael Skogg, is highly professional and he's the best at giving instruction out of any DVD I've ever done. Kettlebells are very easy to have bad form--he teaches proper form very well.
So if you're interested in kettlebells, check out The Skogg System. Great value for the price, top-notch quality. They're tough workouts--but great! It's a great thing for hubby and I to do together.
Sorry to hear about your puppy. I hope he doesn't have any more seizures. That must have been so scary!
ReplyDeleteThe kettlebell system sounds pretty good. I'll add that to my list. It's so great that you and hub can exercise together!
I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy, Jo. I hope he is okay.
ReplyDeleteI hope all is going well with you!
Sorry to hear about Pip..I don't know what I would do if that happened to Coco or Isabella. Will keep the pup and you in my prayers.
ReplyDelete