A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.15.2012

SIze 12 and a 5K

I am sitting here crying--tears of joy.  I went shopping tonight. I pulled size 14 shorts and capris. All were too big. Every last pair.  I am now officially in a size 12.  Tops I pulled XlG. Too big. I am officially in a large. Plus, I bought one medium top that fits.  In a uni-sex t-shirt, I wear a size medium.

Here is a quote from my goal page:


Clothing-size goals:
(going by pant size here) (the last time I lost, it took a long time before I dropped clothing size.)
22-24 starting size20 August -0918 Some size 18s in August 0916 1-17-1014 11-7-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being below a size 14 is incomprehensible to me today. Will update when I get there.The above was my original post. Now being below a 14 is NOT incomprehensible to me, it is something I WILL experience. Will update size changes as they occur here!


Notice I said below a size 14 is incomprehensible? Now it is surreal, it is unbelievable and amazing. I did it. I AM below that size 14.  I'm not done, I still have pudge, I have wings on my arms and will probably never be able to go sleeveless, but by golly, size 12.  And I will be smaller. 

And now for the other news. I am training for a 5K.  I am in my sixth week doing the Ease into 5K program. It's basically the same as couch to 5K.  I am running.  So far I have run 10 minutes in one pop. Tomorrow's run has me a bit nervous, it's 20 minutes straight. I'm slower than molasses, I'm not graceful, but I AM RUNNING.  

PINCH ME...I just cannot believe the difference between February 2009 and today.  DREAM DO COME TRUE, they just take hard work, perseverance, blood, sweat and tears plus time.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

We can do anything!!!

7 comments:

  1. Major! Big! Huge!! Congratulations. Enjoy your moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Jo. You sound happy and that's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so happy for you JO! You've come such a long, long way. A size 12! AND a marathon!!

    Big Kudos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you Jo :) way to go on all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you. I know how good it is to finally fit into those smaller sizes and to be able to run, even if turtles can pass me, I'm still running. Keep up the good work! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations :) That's awesome!! I can't wait to see those numbers some day!

    ReplyDelete