A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.29.2014

Perfection

More on perfection today.

I am a perfectionist.  That is not a good thing.  I am working on lightening up.

My eating was not on par today at all.  I ate things I shouldn't have and too many calories.  I was thinking about my blog tonight as I ran to Walmart for some groceries.  When I started eons ago, I ate crap.  I ate mac and cheese, processed foods, no vegetables...but I lost weight.  I lost and as time progressed, I got better.

So here's my epiphany.  I have always held that it is not good to throw everything out of your cupboards and fridge when starting a "diet."  Moderation.  Well, when you start, the thing is to start.  So you weigh out your potato chips, count the calories.  It's not healthy, but it works.  For Pete's sake, no one can be perfect.  And once we get some confidence built up, a few pounds gone, it makes it so much easier to ease into healthier eating.  All of a sudden those potato chips don't taste as good, the craving is gone.

And that is how to be.  Gentle.  Easy on your soul.  Nourishing to your soul.  This is a big, huge endeavor and all or nothing thinking (cleaning out the kitchen and expecting yourself to be a completely clean eater) is not going to work.  Gentle, step by step, and then one day you realize how healthful your dietary intake is.

That is my plan.

Either that or the Twinkie diet, but I really don't like diets.  And yes, that Twinkie diet actually did work   It's all about caloric deficit, however you choose to eat.  We cannot hold ourselves to perfection, we will fail because none of us is perfect.  Nor do we have to be.

Tomorrow, everything will be weighed, I will eat within calories, and not worry about perfection.  And at the end of the day when I hit my target, I will be one step up that staircase to success.

2 comments:

  1. You and I share the exact same philosophy. A gradual evolution of better choices seems natural, ya know? I'm totally digging your posts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I have read the study, which stated the expert opinion about the basic things helping you in getting quick results. For myself, I would highlight the importance of proper recovery, which is often underestimated; and providing your body with sufficient liquid. 'Sufficient' - is much more than a lot of us presume)). You can see those recommendations at http://bit.ly/1lc6aWE

    ReplyDelete