A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.29.2014

Thrift Store

I buy 99.999% of my pants at a thrift store.  I get to wear jeans all the time, so it works easily.  I like Levi's, and I scour thrift stores for them.  Not so good at finding Levi's capris for the summer, though.

I bought a few pair of capris for the summer, but they were a touch too big.  Today I put on my capris and could stand it no longer, they were much bigger and I had to pull them up continuously.  So off to the thrift store.  I found the next size down, tried them on, and they fit.

I came home and compared them to the current size of a clean pair.  Much smaller.  So I'm shrinking, because they were wearable until this morning.  The scale does not compare with the size, but I'm going with it.  The whole point is regardless of the size sewn in, physically they are smaller.  And they fit.

Score.

Keep on keeping on!

4 comments:

  1. These are the greatest of indicators. The scale can be so heartless and cold when it doesn't show a number we feel we deserve--even though there are so many factors influencing the number... but this---this is when it gets wonderfully real and feels fantastic. I love Levi's too. My favorite. I have several pair awaiting my arrival--I'm headed there... like you. So happy for you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a Levi's generation, Sean! I have several awaiting my arrival as well!

      Delete
  2. I know for myself I've gained muscle in the past year and from the sounds of your workouts you have too. I think we need the scale but we sure don't have to put all our value in it. I keep a tape measure on my dresser and that really tells the real story. Way to go on smaller clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The tape measure always scared me more than the scale. Weird, huh? But it's all good. I need to measure at least my waist just as a guide. Clothes work well too, though. :)

      Delete