I keep looking back to the period of time when I lost over 40 pounds in only four months. I worked my tail off. Looking at my Fitbit records, I averaged above 40,000 steps a day and 3,000 or above for a calorie burn.
There's no way I can move that much now. First, I don't have time. Second, I have issues with my feet. Third, I don't have the energy! So the task at hand is to work out smart.
This coming week is the week of experimenting. I have a list of workouts in DVD that I will do and check calorie burns. Ranging from Ilaria, Cathe and even Christi Taylor, I will do them and log the burns. Then, I will log burns on my treadmill. I have interval and endurance programs I can do on it. Also will check my burns for kettlebells and weight training both at the gym and at home. I will do Alwyn Cosgrove's progression of 15 kettlebell swings then 15 burpees, then 14, then 13 down to one. That's supposed to be a great burner. I will modify the burpees and do them on a chair or lower stool, though. I hate burpees, but no matter.
I will find what works. I will make this happen.
I am not showing a loss from last week on my scale. However, this morning I put on a pair of shorts that I bought at the beginning of the summer that were tight. I can put both arms down the sides now. They are just TOO BIG! WOO-HOO. I have been told I'm gaining muscle, losing fat the body is changing, even though the scale isn't. Thing is, I want it both. I want the muscle gain and the scale lower. It will come.
This is a process. I have to have the patience of Job to get through this and figure it out. If my feet weren't wonky, it would be easy. Instead, I must deal with the given circumstances.
I have a plan, and will stick to it.
Eating has been great. I'm "in the groove" with that very well.
It's all good. I LOVED those loose jean shorts. Last week my capris were falling so much I kept pulling them up. YES!!!
Moving forward, the week of tons of hard work and lots of experimenting is about to commence!
Woohoo! Your rock!
ReplyDelete