In the blink of an eye today, my food scale died. I bought it less than a year ago. Boom, dead. As I measured out my lunch, I could barely see the numbers. Then I went to tare it and it turned off. Put new batteries in, nothing.
Panic!!! I cannot live without a food scale. So to Amazon I went (small-town living, I searched last fall and only found junk here). I do not care about looks, I do not care about anything but accuracy. And my scale was the most accurate food scale I had ever owned. Ever. And I've owned a few in my day.
I ordered the same, damned scale. Horror. Please work this time. THIS time I will save the receipt/info and if it dies again, the company will get a letter from me! Right now, though, I need accuracy.
I am down a half pound this morning. Yay! I'm shrinking, but it was nice to see the scale move. Let's hope BOTH continue.
Tonight I am a little panicked about eating. I will measure the old-fashioned way with measuring spoons. It is not nearly as accurate--for me. It is what it is.
LET NOTHING STAND IN THE WAY!!!
Reading this post made me think of my own...if it died...oh my. I'm lucky that a 5 minute trip and 20 bucks gets me a new one at walmart... But still, if it dies in the middle of preparations... Congrats on the loss!!! I totally understand your panic. Totally. I hope the new one works much longer!!!
ReplyDeleteI have the worst luck with food scales. They last maybe a year. I go to Bed Bath and Beyond for my food scales. Hope yours comes quickly!
ReplyDelete