A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

7.29.2014

Goals

For me, goal setting is very important.  When starting out at 282.5 pounds, losing ALL that weight was overwhelming and seemingly impossible.  So I made a bunch of goals.  There is a page somewhere on my blog with my former goals.

When I sat down to plan my re-start, I made new goals.  This morning I hit my first mini-goal.  Feeling pretty awesome.

I have also made a completion date.  I never gave myself an "I will be done by" date.  I think that was a missing element.  So the date is set, and I have a countdown ticker on my phone and I know how many days I have got to kick some fat.

Within that allotted time, I plan to lose 70 pounds to finally hit goal weight.  I have never been firm about my goal weight, but now I am.   When I did the math to figure out how much I have to lose each month until I get to that date, I was surprised.  It's not the 10 pounds per month that this perfectionist always tried to get. It's half that.

When I realized my goal is to lose 5-6 pounds a month, a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  That just seems easier to obtain.  It gives room for life.  I like it.

Time to kick some fat!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes!!! Re-Framing your trek with a brand new perspective--wow. So wonderful, Jo! Room for life is such a great thing!!

    ReplyDelete