I met my first goal of losing 5 pounds. 21 more of those to go. =)
In losing just six pounds, I also dropped my BMI from 47 to 46.
Emotionally I'm feeling very strong.
Physically--pretty much the same. This one will take time. I have lots of pain: back, bowel, joint, etc. I need to incorporate exercise, that will help with the pain.
I'm well on my way.
I'm very determined. I'm not going for vanity (although that's a nice benefit) I'm doing this to feel better. I want my blood work to be good. I want to have a strong, healthy heart. I want to have one pain-free day. And then another. And so on. I want to be healthy.
I'm doing this solely for me. In this case, it's good to be selfish.
I love going down a BMI point, great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with meeting your first goal. Six pounds is great. I know how you feel about wanting a pain free day. I have fibromyalgia and suffer with daily pain. I am so excited to say that I have only lost 11.5 pounds and I already feel a hundred times better. It sounds silly because I really haven't lost that much (compared to what I want to lose) but I am way more active and the more active I am the better I feel. It has been great for me so far and I really hope your weight loss helps with your pain. I like that you said that in this case it is good to be selfish. You are so right. When I first started this journey I felt bad because it takes some time away from my kids and it also costs more money to eat healthy then to not (I am really working on finding ways to change this). Then I realized that I deserve to be healthy and feel good.
ReplyDeleteYEAH!!! WTG ON THE 1ST 5!
ReplyDelete:)tj