Last night when it was time to cook supper, DH and I noticed the chicken was not thawed. He said, "Skip it, let's free-feed." We do that every once in awhile, everyone eats what they want.
I pulled a portion of baked ziti out of the freezer and microwaved it. Much better than a Lean Cuisine any day. We had two left over portions when I prepared it earlier this week, and I thought ahead to freeze individual servings. Great idea, and one I will continue. Less waste, and instant food if I need it.
Awhile after that, I had to make a phone call. While I was on the phone, my son asked if he could make a coffee cake. Egads. Yes, I said to him. And he did. While I was on the phone, the smell permeated the house. I was drooling. Oh my gosh, did that smell good. When it was finished, I took out a tablespoon, and took exactly a 1-tablespoon bite of the coffee cake and counted it as 1 point. I didn't point it, but I figured it was a good guess. lol It was delicious.
I watched my boys devour the cake. There's about one slice left this morning. I was okay with my one tablespoon bite, because I wanted to stay true to myself. And I did. They're always going to be preparing high-calorie goodies, and I might as well get used to that now.
Prior to starting up WW again, I'm sure I would have had 1/3 of that cake with a huge glass of milk. Now, I savored the flavor with that tiny bite and I was completely satisfied. Honestly.
Had they made no-bake cookies, it would have been harder for me. I need to prepare for that day, because it will come.
I was pleased with my will power and determination though.
Awesome job!
ReplyDeleteI loveeee no bake cookies.
Great job on the willpower! I'm not sure I'd have been as good. And woohoo for the weight you've lost so far!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're starting really close to my start weight, and believe me, with the motivation to keep at it, it will come off you, little by little. All of those small losses will add up! I'm down 73.5 pounds so far, so I know it can be done!