A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.10.2009

Why I Blog...

My husband comes home every day for lunch as he only works a mile from home. So while the three of us were eating, I announced that so far I have lost eight pounds.

My son: WOW, Mom! That's fantastic.
My husband: Crunch, crunch, slurp, crunch.

Not a word.

He probably didn't hear me. Yet my son was very animated and L~O~U~D with his WOW. What a good kid he is.

Hubby is a good man. We're celebrating our 20th anniversary this fall. I think he needs his hearing checked.

He hasn't asked me what I've lost, but due to the new blog, he does know my starting weight. Bless his heart, he thought I was in the 270s. He doesn't read my blog, but I asked him how it looked when I was tweaking it.

He hasn't asked me anything about my weight loss journey. Nada, zip. The man needs sensitivity training, I'm telling ya.

The one thing he does right? He doesn't bitch about Weight Watchers food. (That often or that loud.) He eats what I cook, or he offers to cook and does it according to the recipe. He has teased that he put a bunch of oil in the chicken breasts he made the other night, but he didn't. I could tell.

So I'm marking this day on my calendar. I'm going to see how long it is before he says something. I'm not even going to take a guess at how long it will be.

He cares, he loves me, but I know he's silent about this. I think more than anything, he's worried about my health. He's learned not to nag.

Silly man.

So I started the blog so I'd have a place to yack. I'm glad I did, I've already met some wonderful people--and I really appreciate the support!!!

3 comments:

  1. In my true aggressive style, I would say "it really means a lot to me that you notice and support my weight loss" , but then again I don't let anything slide :)

    Since all you got was the hearing impaired response about your 8 pound loss,

    GREAT JOB!!! YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same feelings as Dina. I think I would say something to your husband. I consider my boyfriend my #1 supporter. I know I am stronger because of his help. You need the support of EVERYONE in your family.

    I am proud of you for your 8 pounds GONE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a blog is a great way to get things off your chest. It's a great place to share and get the kudo's you deserve too.

    YAY YOU!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO 8 POUNDS!!! THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! DOING THE HAPPY PIXIE DANCE HERE!!!! hehe there ya go!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete