A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.19.2009

2 NSVs today

I had two NSVs today, one was small but fun, the other was hugely significant.

The small one: I have an old shirt that I made for our Cub Scouts pack when I was den leader. It was white, and the den drew designs on it in Sharpie marker. I have no where to wear that now that we're done with Cub Scouts, so I work out in it. Today it slipped off my shoulder. Like in the 80s when we wore our shirts off the shoulder? I thought that was way cool.

The other is huge. I was having a lot of anxiety today for various reasons. I had weird dreams, stressful dreams, all night and I was on high anxiety alert today. I debated exercising, and I put it off to the afternoon. By the time I started, I was about ready to take a Xanax. My stomach was churning, breathing was getting difficult, but I decided to push through it.

As I was exercising, it melted away. I was thinking about it when I started, but it left me almost immediately. When I was finished, I could not believe how well I felt. It was amazing to me. I find it huge. I burnt off all that negative pent-up energy. Wonderful.

Will remember that for in the future. Now if only I could get to the point where the anxiety never hit me, I'd be even better, but I'm running with this victory!

3 comments:

  1. WTG on the shirt... The Flashdance look!

    Exercise is well known to help with anxiety and depression, since those are both hormonal responses and exercise helps regulate hormones... So keep working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise is so awesome for tackling mood issues. releases the ever-wonderful endorphines. Embrace the endorphines. :)

    Congrats on that shirt slipping off ala Flashdance style. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome on both your NSV'S! Exercise does wonders, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete