A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.19.2009

Just My Luck

When I turned my computer on this morning, the first thing I did was check email. I got an email from Ang telling me to check Richard Simmons' chat transcript, because he mentioned ME.

He did, he did!

Yesterday, he asked members of his clubhouse to email him about their New Years resolutions. I don't normally make them, but this year I had a few. So I wrote about mine.

I mentioned that my husband took the week after Christmas off, and we went through every room of our house and decluttered. We got a dumpster and filled it twice. We took van loads of donations to the Salvation Army, Humane society, and hundreds of books to the library for their sale.

Richard Simmons quoted that part of my email in his chat. He also mentioned I wasn't there.

Why? Why did we have obedience class last night? Why did I not get to talk with him? lol

It's just my luck. I am so honored, (not to mention proud of what we did) but hopefully that encouraged others to declutter, as it's very liberating. But why did I miss the chat?

Years ago when he opened an Anatomy Asylum near our home, I called to get info about it. Instead of answering my questions, they took my name and number. While I was at school (high school) Richard Simmons himself called the house and talked to my mom. (I didn't join, I didn't have the money, but it was so cool anyway. And I was less than 120 pounds then, but I still loved him and exercising.)

Why did I miss that call? lol

Right after he got back from his Cruise to Lose this year, I wrote him an email. Just mentioned a few things about myself and my journey and asked for a picture for my fridge. I used the "Email Richard" form on the Clubhouse page. Right after I clicked send, a screen came up that said this: Website down for maintenance.

I stared at the screen, wondering if it could have gone through anyway. I decided to not send another email because I know he's busy, I'm not hurting and I don't need anything, and I didn't want to seem pushy in case it did go through.

I have lost my nerve to email again, except when it comes to requests for emails for chat, like yesterday's.


So it's just my luck, always coming close, but no cigar. lol Maybe that's my fate in life. That's okay. In a way it's kind of funny, but to be completely honest, I am terribly disappointed I missed his chat.

Oh well. Life goes on. Time to exercise now--with Richard, in my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment