A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.31.2009

Yesterday = Bad

It was a really bad day emotionally for me. I stayed within points, but I did not eat well. I had two big salads, but I also had some major comfort food going on. Mac and cheese, anyone?

I asked my husband to sit and visit with me. That was the mistake. He sat down, and I was talking about how hard weekends are for me--I need to write about weekends some time--and while I was in mid thought, he got up, walked away from the table and never came back.

I sat there stunned, not believing what just happened. Normally when I'm not emotional, I would call him on it. Yesterday, the tears just rolled. And to top it off, about 20 minutes later, he came up and got on my case for complaining about weekends because we are a single-income family and don't have money to spend.

I kind of snapped at him, told him that he has absolutely no right to get on my case about anything when he had not heard me out and given me the opportunity to complete what I was saying.

I had a good crying spree, went to bed and napped a couple hours, got up and made mac and cheese, then surfed the rest of the night, giving DH the silent treatment.

Today I had to explain to him how rude his actions were, how they made me feel and to make up for it, he said he'd go get breakfast, do I have enough points for an Egg McMuffin. Thanks but no thanks.

No marriage is perfect. People do some pretty stupid things. I do. Dang, it stings when we are on the receiving end, though.

I know he felt bad because he started doing laundry. I think he did about five loads last night. Guilt loads.

I did not work out yesterday. I've missed two days in a row. This morning I am absolutely craving it. That exercise gives my body a release, like it gets out all the frustrations through sweat. I'm waiting on my breakfast to digest a bit, and then I'm going to go meet with Richard in my living room.

This little emotional funk or emotional snit I'm in is hormonal. The best way for me to counter it is to submerge myself in positives.

I've got the most terrific kid a mother could ask for. I have three great dogs and two sweet kitties. I have a husband who is normally a pretty great guy. Just like I'm normally a great gal. We're both human. I'm taking charge of my health. We're done with school: Three months of freedom ahead! I have a tremendous support network for my journey: Thank you, everyone! I have five fewer loads of laundry to get done today. lol For the most part, I'm pretty content and happy. I've got great friends, even though none live in my town. I've got a pretty rich life.

There, I feel better.

12 comments:

  1. (((JO))) I hear you so well. I believe sometimes my marriage is the hardest thing I have ever had to make work. MEN I dont understand them sometimes as I am sure they dont understand me either LOL if they did the world would be so peaceful :) Great job getting back on track. Great job on noticiing when you slip. Your doing awesome Keep On Keepin On

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I don't really fight, but I swear he gets PMS when my period's due... I've recently told him to get a calendar and stop upsetting me that time of the month!

    Good for you for counting your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you took time to realize the positives in your life. No one has the perfect life- more people need to be happy for what they do have. :) hummm I would still have those five batches of laundry waiting for ME since the loving BF has no clue how to do laundry- I blame his mother for that. lol I think a lesson is overdue! HAHA!
    :) hope you and Richard had a SWEATY time together! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can testify that if he did five loads of laundry, he was feeling pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your having such a rough weekend. I just had to comment, my Hubby does laundry when he feels guilty too. LOL

    Men, can't live with them, can't live without them.

    Have a better day today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you, Jo. Sounds like your hubby feels bad, so at least you know he cares a lot about you. 5 loads of laundry is a lot, lol!
    The workout will help you feel better, and if you stayed within points, don't worry about the comfort food - we all need that sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been happily single for years now....but it's true that life is good. Being grateful is always a great place to be.

    I know a good cry does me a world of good.

    Cut the poor guy a break, he did do all that laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs, it is a shame you had a hard day - hope your hubby understands a bit now.

    Glad you managed to work out with Richard, he can lift anyone's spirits!

    Hope you all feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. (((((jo)))))
    Babe I'm so proud of you..You stayed with in your points. You did make something that was within your points. you declined the egg mcmuffin and opted for something better than you..

    And while I know it's sad that you were crying..But you didn't run to food Jo..Could you say that at the beginning of the journey? Look how far you've come babe! You had great NSV's this weekend. You worked through it with the emotions. Yes some were bad...But you felt them. Really felt them..And then did your best to deal with them. Thought about how you were going to react or what your body needed.

    I am so proud of you..SOOOOOO proud.

    Hugs Jo..
    You did good!

    see you monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband's idea of doing laundry is putting it in the washer and leaving it for 2 days lol. Sounds like you sorted it all out for yourself and realize you have a pretty good life. It's great you see the good. Hope you have a good week. 3 months of freedom I'm looking forward to mine being out of school too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and your hubby sound like a very sweet couple!! :> At least he did the laundry to make it up to you a little, so he WAS feeling bad.
    I don't think I can make my bf feel guilty about anything anymore, sigh, not a very healthy relationship.

    You are awesome and you are way on top of things! :) I don't need to say, "hope you feel better soon" cuz I think you're probably up and jumping about by now ;)

    ReplyDelete