A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

6.29.2009

Monday Morning Weigh-In

250

-1

32.5 gone forever. 88 or so to go.

May I just say this loss was pure luck. On my birthday I didn't count points. I was mindful of what I ate, but I didn't count. Breakfast and lunch--great. In the car driving home, I had an intense desire for Fritos. (I keep wanting to spell them Freetos--they are anything but freeing!)

We stopped at a gas station, and they didn't have any small bags. I bought a regular size bag of Fritos for in the car. Ouch, can we say idiot? I had some. I enjoyed every last bite. I had more than a serving, but I didn't have a half a bag. My son took the bag out of reach after I asked him too. High salt, junk food=baaaaaaad.

When we got home, I weighed an ounce of Fritos. One ounce is 4 points. FOUR! Let me just say, it's not very many, either.

For supper we had Pizza Hut, my favorite pizza. I did not go overboard and eat a half a pizza.

I was very fearful I'd have a gain. I lucked out.

Yesterday? Completely back on plan. No cheating, no Fritos, no left-over pizza.

18 comments:

  1. You know... you have to celebrate your birthday a little! You did great! Glad you are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect that there will come a day in the not-too-distant future where you'll see Fritos for what they truly are: The Devil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Fritos. It's a shame that they are so fattening.
    Sounds like you showed a lot of self control with both the pizza and the Fritos. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! Like they say, "Know when to say when". I don't see why that can't be applied to food as well as booze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I always say weight loss is about what we do 95% of the time, not 5% of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come rub the scale for me and maybe some of your "luck" will wear off on me. I'm also not excited about my WI today but on my way to do it! Congrats on the loss! Take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the Frito restraint! Congrats on the pound lost as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did great! All that temptation and you didn't go overboard! you deserved the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the interview over at Ang's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing fantastic my friend. Fritos has always been a weakness of min too!!! I can't stand the calorie values at all. I think I've enjoyed Fritos once or twice in the last 288 days...Just too high! But the fact that you rcognize it, and you're making the changes necessary---I'm talking about the mental changes...You're totally rocking this thing.

    Love following your blog

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birthdays are times allowed off :D
    so yeah kudos on the loss!

    I miss pizza hut...

    ReplyDelete
  12. A day like this every once in awhile is no biggie if you get back on track! :) It's all about moderation :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the loss! I always take my birthday off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you! I had a birthday gain this week so you are ahead of the game! Those damn salty snack foods.....why do they have to be so good?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a meaningful loss--you enjoyed your birthday, you exercised control, and it paid off. You can do this! I am so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jo - You have made major progress mentally and physically so I say win-win. You have to give yourself a little slack on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete