I got a comment yesterday I wanted to share and talk about.
Anne H. wrote: Just reading through these comments...what a supportive little community this is. Virtual, somewhat anonymous, but sincere and truly concerned for each other. I'm glad you have good people who you can borrow strength and encouragement from---just like the strength and joy you share with us through your blog!
She nailed it. I started this blog when I started my journey. I hoped I would find a few kindred spirits along the way, and make a few online friends. Wow, did I ever get more than that. I have received fantastic support and friendship.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I feel the same way about the bloggers I read: I want to give support, I wish the best, and I get sad when sad things happen, I get happy when great things happen. It is a wonderful community. Again, thank you!
~~~
So yesterday wasn't the best day. I decided to wallow in it. I decided to take one day and be sad, upset, ticked off, and go through all the ugly emotions. Yes, that includes being scared out of my mind. Yes, it could be worse. I don't have the biopsy results back, as I know they're looking for a couple things. Yet, it's no fun to go through.
Hubby took me to dinner. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant. The thought of overeating didn't even enter my mind. I did really well. Going crazy with eating would only have made me feel worse. I stayed within points.
I can't let it overtake my life. So today is a new day, I'm feeling better, not cramping anymore, so I'm going to clean the house and finish up on the laundry. I have 16 days before I know anything for sure, unless something shows up on the biopsy, I have until Monday. I'm not going to waste precious time.
Yes, it will be in the back of my mind. Yes, I will be praying for ablation rather than a hysterectomy. It is what it is, though. Stuff is always in the back of my mind. Life goes on.
I need to get this week's menus planned, groceries purchased, and things done. I need to get going. Taking the time to really feel yesterday helped. Life's not always pretty or easy. Instead of numbing, we need to feel. That sharpens the senses so when life is good, we can feel it all the more.
I love blogging too. I know I would have given up by now had I not had the support of my blogging friends.
ReplyDeleteSometimes if I have a good cry, things are better. Way to FEEL.
I know, this blogging community is much better than I ever thought it would be and I get so much more from it - lets face it, in real life, who has other dieters to talk with every single day? I have laughed, I have cried and I have learned a lot.
ReplyDeleteIt has kept me focussed a lot better than if I was struggling on my own and I am very grateful for the wonderful folk in this with me.