Much better day. Yay.
My doctor called me this afternoon with the results of the biopsy and blood tests. Biopsy: fine, no cancer. Yay. Blood tests: All good BUT my triglycerides have gone from 200 last year to over 400 this year. Holy cr*p, batman. Shoot. Shoot, shoot, shoot. I was convinced in my mind they would have gone down!
So I did stress over that for a bit. Then I was reading online again about triglycerides, and a couple sites mentioned that prolonged periods with stress can raise them. Well, I definitely have had that.
I decided to quit worrying about them.
I am thrilled with the rest of my blood work--it's all gone in the right direction. Rome wasn't built in a day, so I will continue to work on triglycerides. I know what to do: limit carbs--cough cough sputter, continue with exercise, and work on relaxing.
The doctor wants me to take fish oil that she sells in her office rather than my fish oil. I order mercury-free fish oil off the internet, but apparently, hers is a much higher dosage.
I'll keep plugging away. The more weight I lose, the chances are that the triglycerides will go down.
And I AM going to celebrate the rest of the blood work being NORMAL. That is cause for celebration, as I've worked hard and made a great improvement.
I will work out tomorrow. I got a lot of walking in at our class tonight, but tomorrow will be a real workout.
Day by day, those changes will add up.
The best part of the day: I was standing outside of the car, my husband walked up to me and said, "Wow, I can really notice your weight loss!" Cool.
a pretty darn great day all 'round then! :) gratz on htecancer free and yay for getting noticed! :)
ReplyDeleteHorray for being noticed! That always feels soooo good. Sounds like lots of positives are happening!
ReplyDeleteSO glad the results came back good. You'll get those triglycerides down.
ReplyDeleteYour right, just keep plugging away.
ReplyDeleteHow nice of your hubby...it's always nice when people notice.
Whew and Yaaaaa!! Yes step by step we can do this Jo!
ReplyDeleteMy husband said the same thing yesterday! I love it when someone notices!
ReplyDeleteIsn't is great when people notice your hard work!?! And as for the triglycerides, I know that come in line as you move forward with weight loss and exercise. Congrats!
ReplyDelete"Day by day, these changes will add up."
ReplyDeleteThat's the entire shooting match in one sentence. This isn't a sprint. This isn't a race. It's building a new life for yourself one step at a time.
It's okay to get down, okay to get discouraged... but don't give up.
Yep, this is forever so we can go at our own pace. Of course we all want it "NOW" but slow and steady gives us time to adjust all the way around mentally and physically.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear all your tests came back ok, definitely a day to celebrate.
Compliments from hubby are always nice to hear *smile*.
I am so pleased at your results - the others will come down as you lose more weight and exercise more - hope the stress is better now!
ReplyDeleteAnd, I love your hubby!
What a great perspective. And stress really does throw everything out of wack. Keep up the great work. I hope the pain has subsided!
ReplyDeleteYay Jo! I know you have had a rough few days, and you have been on my mind. I am so glad that overall, your results were fantastic. Do you happen to read:
ReplyDeletehttp://lynnsweigh.blogspot.com/
In her post today she writes:
"Fall in love with your intention, burn it in your brain. Love it and believe in it even when you’re tired and bored and unsure. It’s the only way I’ve found to struggle less and to stay focused."
Maybe that is something that will help you give up the empty carbs and get more nutritious ones in to your diet. Have a great weekend!