A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

7.26.2009

Done!

Now it may not look like much, but it's better than it was. It is highly practical for three dogs and for us. Poop clean up is a breeze because we can see it. It can all be hosed down to remain sanitary. Drainage trenches were built in for winter run off. Next year I'll try my flower pots again to add some color. This year Pip ate the flowers, the little stinker. He also nibbled on our bushes, which look scrawny. I have a lovely wicker chair that I will keep put up until next year, too--in case Pip gets hungry. Pip is 7 months old and still chewing a little, so I'll wait.

That's 4 ton of river rock on the ground--countless wheelbarrow loads. I carried about 150 of those bricks that are stacked. The tiles on top weigh about 40 pounds and I carried a lot of those, too.

I'm feeling it. Hubby is exhausted. Hubby decided to pay our son for all his hard work--and he worked his tail off.

Next weekend we're going to start edging around the house with the remaining bricks. We'll also work on cleaning up the front beds.

I am just elated. I don't think we squabbled once, and we really came together as a family. I think my son actually had fun. I did at times. I earned a gazillion activity points. It felt really good to get so sticky, stinky sweaty.

Couldn't have done this at 282.5.

Before:


12 comments:

  1. wow that is awesome-thats a lot of work-i especially appreciated the 'couldn't have done it at 282.5' comment. you have changed for the better and it affects so much more than 'just' appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT!!

    You definitely got a good workout this weekend! LoL.

    I second what Sara said. You have changed so much, both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great - and man oh man, you did get a workout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elbow Grease is the word!
    It feels good to get it done and see the results right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got caught up on your posts-what a weekend!!
    Pizza is my (one of many) downfalls. I boozed it up last night so my weigh-in tomorrow is gonna suck it-at least you worked!
    What an improvement!! Y'all did an awesome job (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to hear about a family project going off well. I bet it feels good to have that done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, good job!

    Fiona is going to be 3 in August and I still wouldn't trust her with a plant! ;)

    Didn't squabble even once? Kudos to you! I always tell my husband we could never do something like the Amazing Race for that reason alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that look so much neater! i like it and i bet the furry ones like it more too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice workout! and it looks great! I know what you mean about being able to do things you couldn't before!! Nice job, very nice!

    My best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks good. lots of hard work :D

    *high fives* to stinky sweatiness. and to being able to do more. yeah bring on more work. you can do it. lots of calorie burning.

    ReplyDelete