A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

7.30.2009

End of July? Really?

Where is my summer going? I just looked at the calendar and was amazed. What happened to July?

We have not been to the lake once to go swimming. We've taken the dogs, but we have not gone ourselves. We have not been to a single garage sale. That's something that is fun to do just to get out of the house. We haven't really gone anywhere and done anything fun. Only a few week left of summer--I better come up with something fun!

The weather has been cool all summer. Unseasonably cool. We're looking at 70s for the next 10 days. Sheesh, what happened to our 100 degree weather with tons of humidity? It hasn't really felt like summer, although I must admit I enjoy having the windows open with the cool, fresh air coming in.

I am starting to feel the time crunch hit me. I have some projects that I need to get finished before summer, plus I have to plan out our school year. All our books have arrived and they're stacked on the kitchen counter just waiting for me. Ugh.

When school starts, I'll have much less computer time. I worry about that because I love reading blogs, commenting, and keeping up with people. I'm not going to have time to do a lot of that. I will make time to read, but my commenting may slow down. I don't like that, because I love to give support. It's just that homeschooling takes my time and energy. That has to come first--one can't mess with their child's education.

I have my two-week checkup tomorrow. I get to tell him I've been one of the lucky people that have bled continuously since the surgery. The paperwork said I could bleed for up to three weeks. I'm tired of that, but I can't complain too much because it's light and I've only had mild cramps on occasion. I've had a period in there somewhere. Who knows when it started or finished. I have to be patient. I am very hopeful to find what my new normal is going to be. Life without all that pain and icky stuff is going to be so different, so wonderful.

With all my planning for fall, school, projects, I need to remember to live in the now. I get caught up in some weird thinking: if this isn't done, we really shouldn't do that. I need to get over that and make the most of the last few weeks of summer.

Time flies, whether you're having fun or not, so it's I think it's a good idea to have some fun along the way.

11 comments:

  1. I hope your appt goes well tomorrow. Enjoy as much summer as you can!! You deserve some fun (and some good garage sale buys!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you had better get all that summer fun in quickly before it turns even colder. Mind you, I do enjoy autumn (fall) too, probably more so, come to think of it.

    Good luck with the appt - I am so glad you will be better in future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! One more month till school starts for me... NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the cool weather... its 118 out here in AZ. Im a little jealous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it goes well at the appt. Jo and we all understand that your kids are Priority #1 and that is a GREAT thing in my book (pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, thank you for the encouraging comment you left for me. It really helped.

    I am in the same boat as you about doing summer stuff. A week or so ago the kids made a list of things they wanted to do before the summer was over. We put them in a jar and we are trying to do one per day. Today's is "play uno".

    I am trying to come up with a new schedule for when school starts. I can't accomplish everything NOW...how am I going to get it all done once I'm schooling from 10-2:30? I do know that my computer time will also be shortened.

    But it is worth it. I love teaching my kids...and I know you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that I am SOOOOOO jealous of your cooler weather!! We've had more 100+ days than we've had anything else. Thankfully today it is raining, so we've had a reprieve!
    As always, thank you for all your comments you leave on our site...we get so excited when we see that you have left one!!
    Good luck tomorrow with your appt. I am sure everything will be great! Enjoy the rest of the summer...you know, that whole carpe diem thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been very cool around here (Ohio) as well! Fine by me, actually. Hubby works outside and I worry about him when it gets too hot.

    I am with you 100% about school...although I tend to get on the computer while I'm waiting on her to finish an assignment or read something or whatever. I guess I'm not the most attentive teacher in the world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking the same thing, where did the summer go. I totally agree you just need to enjoy the rest of your summer, life is to short. Hope you're appt goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck with the appointment! It does get so busy following so many awesome people to get to comment on everyone's entries...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know! Where the hell has July gone? I can't believe it. *poof* gone! Best make most of free time before school starts.... i am totally gonna do that.

    hope the appointment goes well. *high fives* to some degree of normal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes indeed-have some fun!! Summer goes by so darn quickly *le sigh* Enjoy it while it's here :D

    ReplyDelete