A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

7.06.2009

Gulp

I have invited my husband to read my blog. I have to admit it, I'm green with envy that Kelly's husband reads and comments on hers.

Hubby asked what he should call me, what do I call him. I said hubby, so he said wifey. Nooooo, that will never do. Then he thought it would be funny to call me JoJo. Uh-huh, nope, not gonna work. I put the kabosh on JoJo when I was a teenager, I even told my grandmother to knock it off--politely, of course. For the record, she did. Almost everyone in the immediate family quit calling me JoJo. I do still get it from cousins, and it still makes my skin crawl. I told him to just call me what he normally calls me, duh, Jo.

I was a little worried about inviting him to read. Will I change what and how I write? Will he get the struggles I'm having? Shoot, he gets the struggles, as I'm a Wendy Whiner. It will be interesting.

He just read the tarp post and laughed and we talked about it again. He also saw the photo I posted of my son and I and thought that was pretty funny.

Kind of weird to have my best friend along for the ride in cyberspace when he's two feet from me.

14 comments:

  1. it took me awhile but I invited hubby to read mine too. I tell him everything anyway and he's good at catching my grammatical errors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I am impressed! I don't think I am ready to share yet, but I am thrilled for you and your hubs!

    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife read every post for the first 50 or 60 days...Then she would read every few days...then maybe once a week. I doubt she's read one of my entries in over a month. It's old.

    I don't know what that says about our relationship. I'm pretty sure we've never been better.

    I'm pretty sure about that...ya.

    I love her very much. It use to bother me that she wouldn't read---but she puts it this way:
    If she has to read my blog to find out what I'm experiencing, then we have a major communication breakdown.

    So she gets the verbal condensed version.

    My best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to share with strangers than it is with the people that you are closest to and love most. To the day, only two people in my "real life" have this blog address and yet, this blog is as real as I get. Congratulations on taking such a big step!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my hubby knows about mine and read it at first, but i think he forgets totally . . . but oh well :) it's probably better that way for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I still am not "out of the closet" yet! Your hubby sounds great, I am sure it will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband started reading my blog a few months ago. He doesn't comment on the blog itself, he does his commenting in person ;)

    I thought it might change what I wrote, too. I felt a little awkward about it at first, but soon realised that what I wrote was stuff he already knew anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That's great! I never ask my hubby to read. I'm not there yet I guess. Maybe it will be a super, great support for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I invited him to read it from the start, but he never does! Actually, I think only two of my friends read my blog and only very occasionally...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, I know how you feel! My hubby started reading mine because I had it bookmarked in my browser, duh. I don't think he visits very often, but it does remind me not to turn my blog into a b*tchfest about my life, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My BF reads mine- actually an email gets sent to his inbox so he knows when I post a new one. He loves it- loves knowing whats for dinner! lol adn he loves knowing how I feel about my journey. I find it very helpful. My entire family reads it as well so why not my boyfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like for Chuck to read my blog. But we really don't hide anything from each other at all. I mean, we talk all the time about everything.

    Glad your hubby is taking an interest in your blog. Maybe we'll see a comment from him soon? :)

    It is funny how we change our writing depending on who we know is reading. I've done that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mam used to read my blog but she stopped. I shall have to investigate that...

    No one else I know in the real old world reads it. I am glad you can share :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have another blog for the past 3 years. My husband reads it regularly. I started my exercise blog and haven't told him about it. I don't know if I think he hasn't noticed I am fat and if I tell him about the blog he might suddenly notice or if I am afraid he'll start monitoring my (instead of encouraging) - he's a great guy but this feels like a solo journey. Maybe I'll change my mind. Kudos for sharing it with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete