A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

7.04.2009

My Get Up and Go Has Got Up and Went

Last weigh-in I was at 250, down 32.5 pounds. I have more energy than I did at 282.5. I still don't have much energy.

I am always behind. Behind on housework, behind on bills, behind on laundry, behind on projects. I still haven't called about getting my dishwasher installed, nor have we made inquiries into getting a new roof.

I've been cleaning house all week and you wouldn't know it. I just don't have the umph to keep up like I once did. Sure, some of it is age--44 not 22--but that's still young, most of it is weight. Of course much of it is not feeling well a lot of the time. I'm really hoping that surgery helps--it has to make a huge dent in my energy level not enduring monthly pain and a near anemic state.

I've been picking at the house all day. Got a little vacuuming done, laundry sorted and started, and little stuff...but I'm afraid I am just pooped. Right now all I want to do is curl up and take a nap. Can't. Because I'm behind on laundry, I have my timer set so that I can get it all done.

I didn't even do menu planning this last week. Thankfully we have supplies to make WW-friendly meals. I don't like not having things planned out, though. Hubby ran to the grocery store and did a quick stock up this afternoon. Tonight he wants steak and tomorrow he wants hamburgers. That's easy and doable. Gives me time to get next week's menus planned out.

I am just feeling very overwhelmed at the moment. I need a wife. I need a life. I need a cleaning service, I need something. Oh, I know, I need to lose weight so that I am healthier and have more energy. Check, in progress.

There are so many thing I want to do but I just don't have the energy. Yet. Keep plugging away and I will. I want my steam back, I want to be able to go, go, go. I miss that.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

8 comments:

  1. OYY Jo how I know that feeling all to well :(
    Seems when I get caught up with one thing then there is two more things ready to be done LOL
    Hope your 4th is the best
    Have a great day and Keep On Keepin On

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, I could have written this post- every word of it! You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Obama campaign used this statement that I think we can apply to our weight loss journeys:
    "You've gotta go through it to get to it"

    Yeah, Jo, it can be doubly hard when you're feeling tired and have no energy but that's exactly when you need to do it. So you CAN get more energy. Life is neverending with all the chores and everyday stuff going on. It'll all still be there when we're thin too.
    But thin you will be if you stick to it bit by bit and don't give up when it's hard.

    I hope you feel more energized soon. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could give or lend you my energy, I would.
    I hope you find yours soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh inertia, it gets me every time. Once I'm up I can get stuff done, but if I'm down, I'm down for the count!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel just like you. Seems like the more I do, the more I try to make things better, the more it looks like I haven't done a thing. Have a great Sunday, and maybe Monday will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always seem to be doing something but then nothing. I wonder where my week goes.*hugs*

    You are definitely making progress, missus.

    ReplyDelete