Boy, had I been on any other blog today when I got that Google message, I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I feel kind of bad, especially since I teach my son to use his critical thinking skills and I didn't. I know Google/Blogger has a lot of issues. There have been issues the last couple days. D'uh!!!
I had a busy and productive day. Cleaned house like a fiend, worked on laundry, worked on projects. Vacuumed, mopped, and then I cleaned the carpets. I bought a Hoover steam cleaner well before my surgery and just now got around to using it. If the carpets dry as nice as they look now, WOW, I'm impressed.
I'm counting all my cleaning as exercise, because I did move, I lifted, I bent, I sweat and yes, I actually got out of breath.
I also took a few moments to work on one of my projects. I called the appliance store where I bought my dishwasher and asked who they would recommend to do carpentry to make it a built-in. She told me I didn't need a carpenter, I needed a plumber. I explained to her that I do need a carpenter, as my cabinets were custom built with no place for a dishwasher, and they need to be modified to hold a dishwasher. And then she argued with me. I was about to say thanks, but she recommended a place. I called it, and it was a heating/air conditioning/plumbing place. Oh bother. lol The guy I talked to laughed, because I told him I was smart enough to know he didn't do carpentry, and he recommended a few carpenters.
When I was looking their numbers up, I decided to blow it off. If it is going to be that big of a production, my small amount of money I have set aside to do this probably won't cover it. I guess I could call and get an estimate, but I don't think I'm going to like it. Hubby said he'd be afraid to attempt it.
And so there goes that dream. Yet, I've lived with the dishwasher in the middle of the kitchen for 11 years now, I can continue. After all, it's better than not having a dishwasher. The one thing I can do is have hubby run a line so that I can run the dishwasher at the sink on hot water, but still have access to the faucet. That would be a big improvement.
So I did do something on my list. The carpets were on the list, too. I still need to do the school room carpet.
Making progress, moving forward. Getting on top of things and done makes me feel better.
Do you have room for a portable dishwasher? They make them really well now. We got one because we would have had to do some modifications of our cabinets, too. Luckily we have room for it and and I loooovvvveee my dishwasher!
ReplyDeleteCounted my cleaning as a workout today, too! :)
ReplyDeleteWe used to have a portable dishwasher and while I loved having it, it was kind of a pain in the butt. When we got our built-in dishwasher, Hubby had to completely move and modify our cabinets, too. He did it all himself and it wasn't as hard as he thought it would be, but we did have to replace the countertop. Hopefully you get it all figured out!
Cleaning is definitely a great exercise!
ReplyDeleteI sadly do not have a dishwasher, I do all the dishes by hand. But hey, that's gotta be burning some calories!
Sounds like you have had a very busy day! Getting on top of things is always a great feeling!
Have a wonderful weekend :)
Well, you're one up on me! Today will have to be counted as my off day for exercise. Way too much other things going on. Fun, but time consuming. And housework IS a lot of hard work!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting some things accomplished. I love it when I get to cross things off my list!
Oh I love cleaning my carpets...Well, no actually I don't but I loooove the effect :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so productive!!! I'm so...not LOL
cleaning can be an awesome workout so you should count it.
ReplyDelete*high fives* to progress and moving forward.
we just had a struggle getting a new washing machine to fit the cupboards. Nightmare... need to replaster some of the wall. sucky.
What is this "cleaning" thing you talk about, lol?
ReplyDeleteHats off to Jo for keeping all the plates juggling....even the plates in the dishwasher...
ReplyDelete