A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

8.16.2009

Well, Isn't This Just Special (Not)

I've been working on homeschool planning all afternoon. I'm about halfway done. Ugh. Right after I sat down to start, I started having cramps. Menstrual cramps. The kind of cramps I wasn't supposed to get anymore. Not bad cramps, but annoying enough that I took Ibuprofen. What the heck? My cycle isn't supposed to start for another week and a half.

(For those new to my blog, I had a D&C and uterine ablation in mid-July which was supposed to end all this garbage.)

And to boot, I have been bleeding since surgery. Like a slow-dripping faucet. I haven't mentioned it because I did enough whining about the surgery, cramps, etc. leading up to it beforehand.

I guess I'll be calling the doctor's office on Monday, just to talk with someone. I guess the thing that concerns me most is that I'm still bleeding, four weeks and a day post-op. I've read accounts that many women bleed for weeks to months after. My post-op paperwork said expect it for up to three weeks.

The cramps I have now I can live with. They're nothing like what I had before. I just had really hoped that I'd be done with all that.

Well, in all honesty, I'm just a tad bit scared that something is wrong. An infection? Not healing up right? I don't know. I'm sure it's all okay, I'll call the office.

Dang it, though.

12 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your troubles....hope you start feeling better soon!!
    take care
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude that sucks! I would be mad that it was supposed to stop but didn't completely. I bet the doc will do something to fix it. Although, it would suck to go back in too but the pain must end!!

    Just keep those meds close for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that stinks! Hope they don't get too bad and don't last too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs*
    i hope it sorts itself out soon! really sorry to hear that. i am sending you healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it all goes away soon & the dr can make sure it doesn't happen again. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh No! I'm sooo sorry, I really hate dealing with those issues. Hope the doctor is able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call the doctor! Hopefully they will just say it is taking you an unusual amount of time to heal :(

    I hope you feel better today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the cramps - hopefully they are still hanging on from the surgery and not what life will be about in the future. I agree, call the doctor and get checked, just to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you should call. I had the same thing happen to me when I was in my 20s after a D&C and I ended up being severely anemic due to the blood loss.

    I am sorry you are dealing with this! Hang in there hon and let us know what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Get to the doctor just to be safe. Hope the ibuprofen helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww :( Good thing you're calling the Dr, I'm sure that will either relieve your worries or fix the problem :) Good luck!

    -Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you're feeling so crappy... hopefully the doctor can help you.

    ReplyDelete