A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.20.2009

The Big 5-0

So today was hubby's 50th birthday. Why does that make me feel old? He celebrated by putting in overtime at work. Tomorrow he's taking in five dozen donuts. He would have done it today but something was going on and so there were donuts there. A fellow co-worker shares his birthday, so there will be donuts the day following. Can you imagine having to face donuts three days in a row at your place of employment? Oy.

We went out to supper at hub's favorite restaurant in town. It's about the only sit-down-and-be-served restaurant here, so thankfully it's good. Then we came home and had cake. I did have a small piece.

He got a Vikings sweatshirt--his favorite team long before we moved to Minnesota. And he's also getting some free-weight thing-a-ma-bobs, a bench and some kind of bar that attaches that had to be ordered. (Lucky me, I'll get to use it too.)

Quite uneventful, in the scheme of things. Just the way he likes it.

My husband is a great guy. He's far from perfect, same as his wife. He has a wonderful life attitude, though. To put things the way he would word them, "Just keep on going, no matter what shit life throws at you." And he does. He's pretty content.

We don't have a perfect marriage. Sometimes he annoys me beyond measure, as I annoy him. I get so mad at him at times, as he does with me. That's life, though. He's my rock. He grounds me. We are complete opposites from politics to--well, everything. Yet, we're a perfect match.

He's a good man. May he have many more "uneventful" birthdays, and a lifetime of wonderful.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Him!! I can't imagine 3 days of donuts. I'd be losing my motivation by day 2.

    Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jo's Husband! :]

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are the same way...I ground him and he digs me out of my ruts....
    it sounds like the perfect marriage to me...one where you compensate for the other's weaknesses.
    So happy birthday to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the Husband!

    Hope all is good with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!!
    My husband's last "milestone" birthday made me feel old also. Strange isn't it!

    ReplyDelete