A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.29.2009

Just Whining...

I'm not in bed yet, but these are my thoughts:

I'm tired. Damned tired.

If I could have anything right now, it would be a full body massage. Detail on the glutes/hips and feet and shoulders. (Do they do glutes in massages?? Kinda weird, maybe I don't want a glute massage.) Then I would melt, sleep for hours and hours.

The reality? I took two Ibuprofen, hoping it will erase the stress of the day which my body holds on to too tightly.

Tomorrow we have a full school day. Then I have to do laundry, clean the house, balance the checkbook, pay the bills, buy Halloween candy, carve the pumpkins, clean up dog poo, clean the cat boxes, make menus, make a grocery list, go to the grocery store, carry the groceries in, put the groceries away, do more laundry because I'm really behind, gas the car, call the insurance company, make a vet appointment for my precious Pip who is biting his own hair off, deposit a check, do the floors again because dogs shed a lot, do more laundry, cook, clean up the mess, plan school for next week, order another science program because my science-loving kid has almost finished his physical science book that was to last the entire year--that's a good thing. Saturday night my son will hand out candy and I'll clicker train the pups--perfect time to perfect our doorbell skills with tons and tons of practice. Oh, I have to rake the leaves, clean out the garage so I can park in there...Oh, and workout every day, too.

Friday my hubby goes to work, will come home, eat, lie on the couch and watch TV, Saturday he'll work all day, come home and eat dinner and lie on the couch all night, and Sunday he'll lie on the couch all day watching football. He usually helps a little, but I'm not asking this weekend because he's been putting in crazy amounts of overtime for weeks. Son will help some, too.

(((Thinking back to when I worked full time, I worked all day, then came home and took care of the baby, did laundry,cooked, cleaned and worked myself to exhaustion every day. Hmmm)))

The boys usually help when I ask. My son can really do some great cleaning now, and he cooks! But the balance of the work falls on me. As it should--the only thing is that no one realizes that even though I don't get paid, I do have a full-time job as a teacher. While we're at home, I don't have time to clean the house, or do a lot of laundry or get into anything too time consuming because we're busy with school. I do some things, but--

There. Just a whine, getting it out of my system. Taking care of my family and home is something I love to do, but I'm not a multi-tasker and I get so overwhelmed. Tomorrow, after a good night's sleep, I'll be able to face the challenge of the days ahead much better. Right now it just exhausts me to think of everything.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever been a typical anything...I did stop going to my southern baptist church because my friend (who got pregnant out of wedlock) was supposed to be Mary in the Christmas play. They kicked her out of the play. I thought it was dumb because wasn't Mary an unwed mother? They didn't take kindly to that. But, regardless, they were really nice people. I go to a nondenominational church here in the springs. but for me, it's kind of like a sports team. I am from Michigan, so matter what, I am a lions fan. In my heart I will always be SB, no matter how many illicit rock and roll songs I dance to...I am just the black sheep of the family...lol.
    I hope you feel better soon. It seems everyone is worn out about now. We all need to head to the bahamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you're exhausted. I'm exhausted just reading all the things you have to do. Come to think of it, your list looks alot like mine, save the home schooling, which is huge. Hope you can catch a break sometime in the near future (can hubby so some laundry, cooking or dish washing...just to help out temporarily?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with whining a bit here and there. And you have something to whine about - you are totally swamped. I'll be thinking of you today - stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do the glutes, but it costs extra!
    ;)
    Easy Does It, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad homeschooling doesn't include home ec. You could really get some 1hr sessions in every day then. :) hehehehe!! I know how you feel though. :)Good luck, I know you can have a great weekend despite the ever growing list of things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete