A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

10.05.2009

Packing Up, Leaving Town

The clothes are packed, the birthday present hidden in the suitcase, errands run, snacks bought. We're packing up and getting out of this small town and hitting a big city tomorrow!!!

We still have to pack our snacks. Going for total health here (NOT) I bought a bag of Baked Cheetos. Oh, I haven't had them in ages. I will weigh out the proper portion and put it into a sandwich bag.

Since we're on the road, I didn't want to bake and take a cake, so at the store, my son requested a box of Twinkies! Yes, I bought the box. No, I won't eat one. I have never liked Twinkies. Ding Dongs--yes, Twinkies--no. We have the candles ready to go, too.

Like the last time I left town, I am weighing out my cereal with a sprinkle of Splenda on it and putting it in Gladware. So easy to take with me to the breakfast bar in the motel, where I can have some of their fruit to go with. =)

Also, we'll be packing lunch fixings. Bread, meat, cheese, chips and if I have enough Gladware, some salad, too.

Dinners we'll eat out. Olive Garden, which I can handle well, one night. The next, Fuddruckers. I forget who gave the link (sorry!) to the nutritional info for Fuddruckers, but after perusing that site, I've decided I'll indulge in a kid's meal--if they'll sell it to me. More points than it's worth, but that's where DS really wants to go. You can't quit living life, and I love their burgers, so that's a happy substitute. =)

My baby isn't a baby anymore. He'll be 14. I just can't believe how fast childhood is.

I know we'll have lots of fun!

~~~
Cross your fingers for me, as the day we leave town, we're hitting thrift stores. I printed out the Google Map with all the thrift stores, and I'm hoping that I can fulfill my obsession with The FIRM and find some more tapes!

Have a great week, everyone, and I'll be back Friday!

13 comments:

  1. goog luck on finding the firm tapes. Have fun on your trip....and I didn't know they even made baked cheetos. learn somethin new every day. I always thought cheetos were made of lard and corn. Which is why you can set them on fire. So much for my theory. lol. Drive safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time, Jo, and happy birthday to your son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip and wish your son a happy birthday from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *fingers crossed*
    happy birthday to the boy :D

    and you sound like you have it all planned out missus! have a great time <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You cant quit living life"......truer words have never been spoken. This trip is something you and your son will always remember. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun and enjoy this trip to it's fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope you have a fantastic trip! I plan out all my trips "foodwise" ahead of time! It really helps me stay in control and on track! Sounds like you are waaaaay ahead of the game! OHMY Fuddruckers! I love that place! Enjoy every bite, and every moment! I hope you all have a safe and most enjoyable trip!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just know you'll have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy yourself and I am WAY impressed with your planning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great trip! I like to pack snacks like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you'll have a fabulous time....be safe & good luck shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a great time!!

    And because I love reading your blog so much, I left a little gift for you at mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a fabulous trip Jo! I wish you little traffic, wonderful waiters, and a will of steel. I hope your son has a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete