A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

11.01.2009

Sunday Afternoon

I'm sitting here at 5:30--er, 4:30, haven't changed the kitchen clock, in my robe, my hair wet in a towel. I just had my post-workout shower.

As I was showering, I popped my leg up on the side of the tub to shave and I stared at my leg in disbelief. Where did the big mound of fat on the outside go? The leg is still fat, but sheesh, I can really see a difference--different from last week. It just amazed me! I thought, "Is this my leg?"

While working out today, I made note for the umpteenth time that it is imperative that I buy new shoes. Why? My feet have shrunk and my shoes are too big for my feet. My feet are not as swollen and it makes a difference in my shoes--my right foot slides around way too much. That's amazing. I've gone years having to buy wide shoes, and being very careful with what I selected so I could get my feet into them. I wonder if I'll be able to buy cute shoes again at the end of this journey!

My arms have permanent definition now. It doesn't leave after workout, they always have those muscle dents. I can feel the bones in my shoulders. We all can see the changes. Now they're still fat, but it's wonderful to see definition when I'm just sitting.

I noticed today while doing the stretch portion of my workout that my flexibility has increased dramatically. Wow. Positions I couldn't even think about getting into before I can now get into without thinking about now!

I weigh less now than when I moved to Minnesota 12 years ago by about 10 pounds. I had more energy then, and my energy and strength is beginning to return. I feel like I've gone back in time 12 years.

My butt is firm, really firm. It feels weird to the touch--not that I go around touching my butt all the time, but it just doesn't feel like me.

I really give credit to all the body changes to The FIRM. It is amazing noticing all these changes. It gives me great hope to what my body will look like when I get to goal, whatever that is. I am so thankful I found The FIRM, but I think that any weight program would do it, I just happen to love the southern belle feel to The FIRM.

Wow.

I feel like a whole new person. And I'm not even halfway there yet! What great hope this gives me.

I like stopping and taking a moment to really count my blessings.

11 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!!!!! I'm so happy all your hard work is paying off-you are da bomb!!!!!!!!

    BTW-when I went to post this comment, my word verification was booti! HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Jo! I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get to know that firm new butt. We want to make sure it stays around for a long, long time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful! :) It is so much fun to see the changes...it makes it all worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I still need to check on the Firm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice that you are noticing all these changes already. Just imagine in 6 months how many more changes will be taking place and more energy to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a new person and doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is totally awesome when I can see the good changes that are occuring. Not doing anything crazy big. Just lots of of small,worth while things. that over time really start showing up!

    Keep up the good work. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't think of anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon than to walk around groping your own ass, lol. You're doing great Jo!! I'm still trying to gain the consistency that you have with my losses...I think I'll be there soon. I just joined a gym a little over a week ago, so it will be a while before I experience the "firmness" that you are...but I'm excited to know that it IS coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these - when you monitor the differences. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry i am so late on catching up. hectic week.

    oh jo. i loved reading this. i like hearing about all the positives. good for you! i wish i could look at my leg and think that.

    keep it up, girly!

    ReplyDelete