A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

11.10.2009

Wendy Whiner

I am a whiner. I admit it. It is one of my worst qualities. I cringe when I look at some of my posts, because I whine. A lot. Sorry. I am brutally honest here on the blog, though, and you get the real deal, warts and all. (I don't have warts, though.)

I also whine when I'm sick. The past two days have been no exception. It's funny, because "they" say that men usually whine when sick. The opposite is true in my house. My husband never whines, but I always do. It get on his nerves, even though he doesn't say that to me, I know it does.

Between my son and I, we have gone through a box of Puffs in the past two days. We are quite the pair, sniffling, sneezing, blowing our noses, repeat. Today it seemed as if school would never end. I was so tired and desperately wanted to nap. Finally at 2:30 he started his last subject, and it was a reading assignment. I snuggled up and tried to sleep, but the medicine I took kept me awake. I don't like taking antihistimines. They make me feel flighty inside. I think I shall suffer tomorrow and do without. The neti pot does a fabulous job of keeping my sinuses clear.

The antihistimes also dry me up. I drank gallons today. Got all my water in before noon, and I drank two pots of decaf by myself. The hot was soothing. I don't like tea, sadly. I'm still thirsty. Tomorrow no more meds. I just don't like this!

whine, whine, whine

Yesterday I came way under calories and points. Very unusual for me. All bets are off when I'm sick and don't feel like eating--listen to your body! Today I've been trying to get more protein in, so I should be on target. I did get lots of exercise--with all that drinking, I put on lots of steps walking to the bathroom! lol

I hope tomorrow is better. I want to work out. I miss it. Amazing, I should say something like that!

There, whine over.

And one nice thing: If you don't read Actual Scale's blog, you should. She is celebrating 50-pounds lost by having a give away for an Amazon gift card. I think that's a fabulous thing to give away! Congrats on your great loss!

19 comments:

  1. Please girl, whine away! I hate happy-all-the-time blogs. I want REAL! :)

    I hope you geel better very soon. Don't push yourself, okay??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a better homeschooler than me girl - we took the week off when I was sick. ;) The dh stayed home (we were both sick) so we could tag team the kids. Whoever wasn't with the kids was asleep.


    Get well soon & thanks for the shout out. :)

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a little cheese with that whine.

    Oh wait... you're on a diet...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol jack. Hon, you don't whine near as much as the men I'VE known. lol.
    You never come off as whiny to me. Maybe it's because whatever situation you are in, if it isn't the way you want it, you acknowledge it and do something about it. I like that in a person. I can't stand people who do nothing but whine and then wonder why nothing ever changes. You're not one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m finally trying to catch up!!! You changed your blog layout from the Halloween one obviously; it looks great! It sounds like your son and husband are proving over and over just how supportive they are of your efforts, you lucky girl. I think that’s wonderful. Even though this last Monday didn’t neccessarily show it, you had a couple of awesome losses lately! Congratulations on that and, specifically, on weighing less than you did over a decade ago… that is a huge, huge deal! Sorry you are feeling sick right now; I hope you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't like tea?!! That's blasphemy to this Southern gal ;)

    Seriously tho,m I hope you feel better soon :( It's so miserable being all snuffly and sneezy.

    And whine away girly! Your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Wendy Whiner!

    We're here to listen and encourage each other! So, whine all you want! It's no fun being sick! I hope you feel better soon!

    The weight has been coming off and you're doing great! Keep it up and the weight will continue to drop!

    Take care of yourself and whine away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you feel better soon! I whine when I'm sick too, so don't worry about it! You have a right to whine sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whining is JUST fine when you are sick!! I should know...I'm world champion of whiners when it comes to being sick! I am sick so rarely, that when it does hit me...I'm a pathetic blob of whine!! And you are so right, my husband NEVER mentions an ailment, if he is feeling bad or anything...makes me feel inferior! Hope you get to feeling better! Mold allergies are killing me here these last few weeks. We prayed and prayed for rain, and now that we've gotten it, the mold spores are going to do me in! But really, I'm not complaining!
    Anyhooo....today will be a better day, because you want it to be!! Whine all you want, you still have a great attitude about life and your weight loss journey!!! ((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you!!! I've been enjoying a cold this week myself, and whining makes me feel ever so much better. I am a tea drinker, and that has really be a wonderful soother. I suppose any warm drink would do the trick, tho'. Get well soon. AhhhhhhhhChoooooooooo! Sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough and one little wheeze for effect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I offer you some light/reduced fat cheese with that whine? You probably want soup though don't you? Feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whine away sweetie! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there - sorry to hear you arent feeling well - it SUCKS doesn't it. I know you don't like tea but get your hubby to get you a skinny chai latte from Starbucks - I can't take antihistamines and all the warmth and spices are sooooo good. Try a tall that way you don't throw out so much if you hate it.
    Welcome to my blog hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww feel better soon hun! Being sick sucks and you deserve to whine, yeesh... I whine too (and note this message might need to be destroyed after reading cos I sure as heck ain't admitting THAT again for a while!)
    Anyhow, caught up on some blog reading myself and saw your no loss this week... urgh... I know what you mean, it's like "Hellooooo!!"
    I secretly feel like shaking the poor WW receptionist sometimes when she says "well done, you lost 0.2 lbs" and I swear I thought I lost at least 2 lbs!! :( Poor WW folks, they're great really, I just wish their scales were too, cos all that HARD work and no pay off, no fair I say!

    ***If I learned how to type and re-read comments, I wouldn't have to delete them. duh!***

    ReplyDelete
  16. People who are annoyed by whining annoy me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My name is DeeAnn. I found your blog last week and was so enthralled that I've read the entire thing since then. I want to applaud you for the work that you have done and the fact that this is a life-change, not a diet. Thank you for writing this blog, and by doing so allowing me to take this journey with you. I am overweight and am also planning to start a similar life changing journey myself. I have learned a lot from your blog and am changing my plans accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. DeeAnn, thank you so much for leaving this comment. It made my month!

    ReplyDelete
  19. im a whiner too :P lets stick together! im ill right now so im all whiney.

    whine whine whine. :D love your blog whether you're whining or being happy.

    lol at jack sh*t's comment.

    ReplyDelete