Today I did two workouts, Cathe's Basic Step and The Firm's Tough Tape. I burned almost 500 calories. I was wiped, yet pumped at the same time. The first tape is only 29 minutes, the second is 45 so it's nothing crazy. It was a weight day for me, but I wanted to add some cardio.
I am having a lot of "fun" with Cathe' Basic Step. I am bound and determined to learn it. She does it with ease, such grace and I fumble, get exhausted, and am lacking grace. I plan to continue until I can get it down, as I think Santa is bringing me Cathe's Classics #1, which is three of her older step tapes. Her current cardio is very high impact and I have no desire to do it, but the older stuff is doable.
So I finished Cathe's workout today and I told my son my calorie burn. We were talking about Cathe, The Firm and Jari Love and I told him today I did a beginner tape. He was shocked and laughed a bit that I was doing a beginner tape and soaked with sweat. He's watched it for a few minutes and it really does look easy--but it's not. (For me, that is.)
That made me laugh. Yes, I am doing a beginner tape and not doing it well, but by golly, I'm bound and determined. I'll get there. I think that was a good lesson for him.
I've really been trying to catch up with blog reading. I'm making some gains, not commenting much due to time, but I like to know what everyone is up to. I struggle with comparing myself to others still. 50 pounds lost in 15 weeks? It took me almost a year, with only a couple cheats--and those couple cheats were minor. Ugh. I really am happy for people, but then I just have a feeling of ugh when I think of my own losses in comparison. So as I was reading blogs, I kept repeating we're all different. It's really weird to be happy for someone (which I really am!) without comparing. I'm working on it, though. It's not a race, I'm doing great, but...like everyone else, I want goal yesterday! =)
School went fairly well today, despite the fact hubby was home. He kind of disappeared so we could do our own thing. We did an abbreviated day, only hitting the major subjects. It was nice to see the interaction between my son and husband during the day.
My son's art class was this afternoon, and when we picked him up we had planned on going out to dinner. We changed our minds and went to the grocery store instead. Everyone got what they wanted, and I got a few other needed groceries. It's funny when hitting the grocery store sounds better than going out! Oh, the changes we have made.
I hope to sneak out of the house early tomorrow afternoon to finish my Christmas shopping. I need to get stocking stuffers for hubby and son. I also need to buy a box of sugar cereal for my son for Christmas. We don't buy that anymore, and he asked for a box for Christmas. I see nothing wrong with that, and thought it was kind of a cute request.
I took a nap after dinner tonight, which was a huge mistake. I'm just starting to get sleepy. Hopefully I'll wake up at normal time with enough energy to make it through the day. I don't do well with a lack of sleep, so we'll see.
My mood is continuing to get better. Exercise is key. A good workout--I mean really sweaty, tiring, all-out workout does more to lift my spirits than anything. I plan on an hour of cardio tomorrow, doing a Gilad tape I got at a thrift store.
My mood is continuing to get better. Exercise is key.
ReplyDelete-----------
I said in jest for years that cardio is my antidepressant (I hate my antidepressant :)) and the older I get the more I realize Im not at all joking!
Miz.
Ok, I am for sure getting a FIRM workout after my 30 Day Shred. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great Joe!
We never bought the sugary cereals except at xmas. Every year they would get a nice big box of Cap'n Crisp or such. My kids are grown now and so last year I did not get them their annual box of junk. Oh the whining and carrying on...This year I have a box for each of them.
ReplyDeleteBarb
The Firm tapes are really challenging-probably really tough if someone is just beginning too. I always feel that The Firm tapes move through the strength moves and stepping at a really fast pace. What do you think? I'm always worried that I'll fall when doing the higher step.
ReplyDeleteI'm tired jsut reading about your workouts! That sounds tough! I've never tried a Firm tape but I may just have to get one.
ReplyDeleteSchool: we have been so irregular with school lately. I have got to get on a better schedule. Ugh. And Rachel will be in HS next year. I panic every time I think about it.
You are doing so great on the weight loss. Congratulations!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFrick! I hate typos...here it is again.
ReplyDeleteThere are many ways to lose weight...some of which are not very healthy. Becoming thin and becoming fit are way two different things.
Sounds like you are doing it the "right" way...and as you recognize we are all different. Some of us blog to be communal, others for support, others for self-therapy, etc., but we only can act for ourselves.
Keep it up!
comparing is easy to do, and it can be hard indeed. it's a cliché but we truly are all different and you know what, you are doing amazing. You're keeping off what you lost too and you're fitness level has reached amazing heights! So be proud and hold your head up high, and don't forget about the shoelacing moment!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep your eye on the goal, YOUR goal!
Way to go on the exercise. I can honestly say I enjoy it more than haagen dazs now lol. I love going to the grocery store *smile*.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the exercise! I love that your son asked for cereal for Christmas, very cute! I am so inspired by you marching on with your excellent weight loss!
ReplyDeleteIm a slow loser. It took me YEARS to lose my weight! I know exactly how you are feeling. When others lose-of course you are ecstatic for them, but at the same time, wish you could lose just a little bit faster. Nothin wrong w/ that!
ReplyDeleteSlow and steady wins the race! :)