A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

12.18.2009

Exhaustion

Great day today. We took the day off and I got free time! What did I do? Gilad's Step and Tone and then Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiseled. I burned over 500 calories in exercise today, woot!

After that, I ate a good protein lunch, hopped in the shower and then sat dazed. I was tired. Somehow I got a second wind and hubby and I went shopping. For hours.

I love to do stocking shopping. I could spend hours going up and down each aisle, getting lost in thoughts and dreams. That doesn't happen when I'm shopping with hubby. My 6'5" hubby walks fast, wants to go into a store to find what he is after, then wants to leave. While in the store I am practically running to keep up with him.

We went to a few stores, he found some great and cheap stocking stuffers that I would never have thought of. So it was good that he went. Then we did some grocery shopping and came home. It was nearly 8 before I had dinner.

I bought undies. He did not enjoy standing there while I was looking! lol I bought one package, came home and tried them home over my undies--haven't you all got that horrible email showing flesh-eating bacteria is on brand-new bras and panties? the one with the photos of open sores oozing and oh so gross--so that's why I tried it on over my undies. (I've never worn underwear out of the package, but I once bought a bra in the store and wore it out because my bra strap broke. My flesh is still in tact.)

Anyway, the undies are too big! lol I missed it by one size. So I'll just wash the pair I tried on and donate the others in the package. I can wear them, but it's nice to know I've gone down three sizes in undies!

Right now I'm barely keeping my eyes open. I had a wonderful day--really enjoyed spending time with myself in the living room working out. I think I shall go to bed now.

8 comments:

  1. you know, I haven't seen the flesh eating bacteria on new underwear email....
    strange.
    lol.
    well, now you know.
    My hubby is 6'5 as well.
    Tall mo fo.
    I am 5.3.....everyone always thinks I am taller cause i stand up straight.
    They do walk fast don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping for stocking stuffers, too. Well - just my husband's stocking since we don't have children. He's easy to buy for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a busy day! My husband shops the same way. It's better just to not bring him along. I like to shop for the best deal and he get impatient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew about the flesh eating bacteria. Oops. I always wear 'em straight out of the package. I'm living life on the edge! lol

    My husband is also a "let's get what we need and get out of here" guy. His hands swell when he goes to malls. I swear. Can you be allergic to shopping?!

    Congrats on your great weight loss. Hey, can I borrow some activity points? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you bought new undies and they were too small. Same thing happened to me the first time. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three sizes? That rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. never got the underwear email either, glad I didn't actually!
    Real happy for you with the size dropping! Well done! It feels nice buying something new for yourself, even something as silly as underwear! I'm wearing mine up to my bra right now and my hubby quizzed if I was going for a new look LOL
    And wow on the workout! I'm seriously considering the HRM after seeing your post and the accuracy! ( plus I wonder how little I now burn with Leslie!)
    Also sounds like you had a wonderful day! I'm off stocking shopping on Monday, can't wait!!!!! :) It's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hysterical! I loved it when I went down a size in undies. Still there though. I always wear new ones though and no flesh eating bacteria! Thanks for missing me--it was nice to hear from you. Glad you had fun. I love shopping for stocking stuffers too--trouble is they usually end up costing more than gifts.

    ReplyDelete