I'm bummed. I wanted to work out today, but my body told me otherwise.
"The pain" that I've talked about since I started this blog, that I've had off and on for years, visited me today. It was so bad I would break out in a sweat a time or two. I believe it's probably an ovarian cyst, or something female related.
Three different doctors and still no diagnosis. I need to schedule an appointment, because the truth is, the pain has been with me for almost two weeks now. It has been annoying but not enough to stop me from working out up until today.
This sucks.
On a good note, I had my lovely 2-day period. That uterine ablation worked wonders. No longer am I on the couch with the heating pad for a day or two with cramps. No, that just happens when the cyst pain is there like today. lol I am thrilled with the results from my surgery this summer--beyond thrilled. We just need to figure out this stupid pain thing and things will be good.
On another good note, my Christmas present came. I know what it is because I ordered it--under DH's instruction to do so. I opened it, but my son made me promise to not use it. Hubby made me promise to not put one foot on it.
I simply had to open it because you just never know if something gets messed up in shipping, and I had to check and see that it was all in one piece--or rather, that the several pieces were in tact. Ahem. I'm so bad. Do I share what it is or wait til Christmas? I'll wait for Christmas, but it's exactly what I wanted, came in three boxes, and takes up a lot of room. Plus, it's fitness related. lol There's actually three different things.
One final note. I share a lot about buying this and that. I have spent a lot of money in the past few months on fitness stuff. That's coming to a halt as of Christmas. I'm excited to get stuff--and even more excited that I'm using it all--that we're all using it, and I don't share by means of bragging. We couldn't normally afford this stuff, but my dad left me some "fun money." I have spent almost all the fun money on my fitness stuff and don't regret one dime of it. So no, we're not money bags or well off or any of that. It's been a rough two years with all the sorrow I've gone through, and I kind of had a lot of joy buying the rebounder, the cheap used bike, the videos, the heart monitor, etc. I'm worth it, and it really lifted my spirits to be able to get this stuff. And like I said, I'm using it--and loving it! I know my mom and dad would be very happy with how I've spent the money.
Here's to tomorrow, may it be pain free and a great day for all of us, and may we all get a great workout in!
I'm so sorry about your pain. Have you had an ultra sound? To look at your ovaries/
ReplyDeleteI hope they figure out what it is soon.
I'm sorry about your pain :(! I hope they can figure it out soon!
ReplyDeleteJust want you to know I bought my first EVER exercise dvd yesterday because of you! Thanks! Hope the pain goes away soon.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon and you totally have me in suspense about your Christmas gift.
ReplyDeleteurgh, doesn't being a woman suck when it comes to stuff like that?! And what, no money bags, dang, now I'm gonna have to re-think my whole Ritzie image of you LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd spending your "fun money" on your health and living longer, yes indeed I'm sure your folks would VERY much approve! :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry you're not feeling well. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHave they ever checked for Endometriosis? I have both Ovarian cysts and Endometriosis and the pain is similar to me. In fact, the Endo pain is sometimes worse. I was told one time that ovarian cysts hurt more around the time you should ovulate, but Endo hurts more around the time of your period. Hopefully it is neither and they figure it out soon since I understand the desire to be rid of the pain.
ReplyDeleteSorry you are having the cramping prob again. That just sucks. Could it be PCOS? I used to have MAJOR troubles with my periods. In fact the summer my dad died I bled for 4 months straight! Ughh!!!
ReplyDeleteYou don't sound like you spend recklessly Jo. Me on the other hand... You are buying things that will help you for years to come and it is a smart investment.
Take good care of yourself
Sorry you're in so much pain! :( Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteThat sux :( I hope you can figure out the pain soon.
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you spent your fun money on fitness stuff. Getting healthy is should definitely be fun!
I was wondering about the endo, too. But, whatever it is, I hope it gets diagnosed soon and treated!
ReplyDeleteIts good that you listen to your body and not push yourself into a worse problem.
Enjoy your new "toys" and don't worry so much about what other people think about your spending. You know what you can and cannot afford, and its no one else's business!
: )
I left you an award
ReplyDeletehttp://caitlinburke.blogspot.com/2009/12/honest-scrap.html to pick it up :)