A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

1.31.2010

Sunday Update: Still here but not kicking

I really don't like whining so much on the blog--it's so negative. I'll just be short and sweet: The pain is still with me, I haven't been able to exercise, and it's getting extremely frustrating. BTW, this is not like cramps--this pain is in one spot and ranges from dull ache, which I have now, to searing pain like someone is stabbing me with an ice pick and can double me over.

Enough of that. Doctor tomorrow.

Have remained on plan eating all week. Looking at a loss for tomorrow. (Hoping it's not lean tissue--I've worked too hard to lose my muscle!)

My puppy who is 1 now hopped in the bathtub, grabbed my razor and ate it. DS found the razor bits in the living room. Of course this happened late in the evening. We gathered up all the bits, re-constructed the razor, took a new razor blade apart so we could compare pieces. Thank Pip's lucky stars, only two tiny bits were missing and he's been fine. We don't have an emergency vet here, and our vet is an hour away. We ended up not calling due to our careful detective work. I'll be thankful when chewing stage is over. I did make it out of the house for groceries and to stock up well on chewies for the doggies. (Can't buy real bones here anymore!)

I ordered a bunch of used VHS tapes: Charlene Prickett. While I couldn't do them due to the pain, I've been watching and love what I see. Campy, old, but tough cardio workouts: hi-low and step, hour-long workouts, which are so hard to find now. I can't wait to get an okay to work out from my doctor tomorrow (thinking positive and hoping for the best there!) Charlene Prickett used to have a program called It Figures on Lifetime. Of course I never saw it. She's chatty, playful, tiny, older--she was 54 when she made some of these videos, and she could kick my all the way around the world and back. I love her style! So I will continue to embrace the campy workouts and enjoy. I'm also looking at buying two Tracey Staehle kickboxing videos. I have to pay bills first and see what's left over.

In spite of my physical complaints, we had a great school week. DS has finished his civics and science. He's now reading lots of Stephen Hawkings, Death by Black Hole -- books like that. I've built him up and we're going to start physics. He's a science kid and far surpasses my science knowledge, but at least I have the teacher's manual so can study the night before. lol He gets frustrated that I won't read books on quantum physics so I can discuss it with him. I have NO desire--but he's lucky in that he can discuss this with his father, and his father does teach him in an unschooling style. He is such a smart kid.

I am in a state of overwhelm and not focusing well. I am perpetually behind on blogs. Please forgive me. It really bothers me as I enjoy supporting my friends--but right now I'm just not in the state to do that. When spring hits, I'll be better. I'm actually behind on pretty much everything. I need a dose of energy! Yesterday I took three naps. It helped me tremendously. I think I'm worn out from the pain, and I've also had several anxiety attacks this past week. I think it's all hormones.

One really nice thing: The week before last when I was exercising two times a day, something amazing happened! I started getting sleepy and going to bed early (10:30) and getting up at 6, without an alarm, every morning. And it continued this week. That exercise has reset my circadian rhythm. Cheers to that, as I thought I'd forever be a night owl.

That's it from the peanut gallery.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the pain is still persisting. I hope the dr is able to do something for you so you can get back to your regular workouts. I know how much you really do enjoy them! (I still hate mine, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are in pain still. I hope a trip to the doctor fixes it right up and then you can get the body moving again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo - I don't think of it as complaining....
    It's just the truth.
    I thought I was going to freaking die this last year...
    All my posts were "negative."
    Or reactive.
    Blogging is good cuz it's about who we are, when and where, and maybe how, and most of all - what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for getting a good sleeping pattern...I'm hoping that I can get this down pat too. I need to be up early to get my morning cardio in.

    Hope the Dr can help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good sleeping patterns-what's that!! LOL! I hope to know one day-actually, my sleep in a bit better.

    Hope you're feeling better soon. I have female problems (during TOM) that will double me over & take me out of commission anywhere from a few hours to a few days and it's horrible-I feel for you. Take it easy, it will hopefully all pass very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope you feel better tomorrow JO.
    I hopeyou get a big loss on the scale as well, your son sounds very bright...
    the next stephen hawking maybe.
    My oldest is going to be a zoologist.
    I told her she can support her mom and dad in our old age lol.
    Have a great night Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. I hate female trouble.

    Your son sounds like a very interesting kid. He;s lucky to have a mom like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sending healing vibes & hugs your way. Im sorry you are going through this right now :(
    (((((((((((((Jo))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need to apologize. We know you love us! Hope you get some answers/relief with todays visit.

    ReplyDelete