First off, down 1.5 pounds for a total of 65. Yay. 217.5. At the doctor's office with jeans on, I weighed 217. I like their scale better. lol
My son woke up sick, his bangs were sopping wet, he was feverish and miserable. I got him in to see the doc right before my appointment, and my sweet husband left work so he could take DS home. I'm overly cautious with DS this year with the H1N1, that's why I wanted him seen. He's fine, not flu, just a miserable virus that is going around.
They left and I explained the pain I've been having. I had an exam. There's just nothing ever fun about those, and when you're hurting and someone is pushing around on your hurt, ouch! Tomorrow I go for an ultrasound and blood work. The doctor thinks that it is probably one of my fibroids growing and pushing things around that is causing the pain. She mentioned The Big H--which is what I wanted this past summer. I almost cry at the prospect of another surgery and recovery, yet the relief from all this pain sounds wonderful.
And that's that. DS is on the love seat drifting in and out of sleep, and I am about to find the couch. I took 800mg of Ibuprofen when I got home and it is starting to dull the pain--never eliminates it, but makes it much better.
It was a chaotic and stressful morning. I'm very thankful for my wonderful husband, who offered to stay with DS during my appointment, and then met us at the office to take him home. He's a good dad and a good husband.
I have a little hope for relief now, and some of my worries are gone. They don't know what this is and won't have a better idea until after the ultrasound, but it makes sense.
One giant step forward.
Sending you positive vibes for the ultrasound and bloodwork - in that you get some concrete answers and can made firm decisions.
ReplyDeleteAnd..hoping you feel better soon.
Thank goodness you are heading in a direction to alleviate your pain. (((healing thoughts)))
ReplyDeleteCongrats on seeing the scale go down again!!! You are getting there. I hope all of your tests go well and you can figure out your next step.
ReplyDeleteNice loss Jo! You are that much closer to Onderland!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the loss. You have done soooo well!
ReplyDeleteI hope that the ultrasound tells the doctor exactly what's going on so you can get on the road to recovery.
((hugs)) to the boy and hope he feels better soon.
Way to go Jo!!!!!! That is so awesome :D
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing you like the doctors scale more: it's almost certainly more accurate than the one you have at home!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 1.5 pound loss and I hope there's an end in site for the pain. As Katie J. mentioned in her comment, Onederland is getting closer and closer!
Hey! My son woke up this morning with the exact same symptoms... hahaha, poor littles boys!
ReplyDeleteHope everything will be ok for you! Congrats on your weight loss
Fab on the 65!! And I hope you get some answers about the pain.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the loss! You are doing so well! :)
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!! You are kicking butt! I love how you always share positive things!! :D You go, Jo!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another 2 pound loss! I'm so sorry the pain is still with you; I hope something can be done about it soon.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it is only a virus & not the flu!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for your u/s. Sorry to hear you may end up with another surgery/recovery, but you are right - if it gets rid of the fibroids & the pain then you'll be better off in the long run.
Congrats on the loss & another milestone! :)
Lynn
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! That is just AWESOME NEWS!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about that fibroid! My sister has those, and they are not fun! OUchie!